Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep getting requested to login

Solved!

Keep getting requested to login

So I upgraded to the latest update just over a week ago and noticed the supposed fix for the login issue. However, after a week at least once a day I keep getting returned to the login screen.

149 Replies

Thndrdans solution from Spotify works fine. Give it a try!

Summa,

I did try that. The URL re directs to https://www.spotify.com/us/account/profile/

And on that page I dont see anything relating to device ID 😞

Jason   

Have you definately got a premium account? And did you register using your Facebook account?

Try logging out of Spotify in the browser window then log back in and copy and paste the link again - see what happens?

It should be working bud.

Hello Summa,

Well they are taking 10 euros from me so I guess I have a premium. and yes I also registered using FB.

I tried uninstalling, rebooting etc.. no luck.

Just read this on the Spotify page

"Offline playlists – With Spotify Premium you can listen to all your playlists offline. That means you can play music without an internet connection and avoid nasty, accidental data charges. Learn more..."

No you can't spotfy!!!. I call this false advertsiing!

When are they going to fix this error???

@orderedanalog wrote:

Richard,

Can you explain what account problems it could cause, so we can better understand what the risks are?

Thx

It can vary. You might experience some issues with some of the social aspects of the application. It might also mean you can't log in anymore. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks David,

It sounds serious enough that we should not use that method.... please keep us up to date.  It is frustrating that we cannot get even an estimate of when this problem may be resolved, or at least a reason as to the unknown timeline (i.e. resolution is dependent on 3rd party?).....

Regardless, thank you.

It's might also mean that you can't log in anymore?

Sounds a bit blarzay?

Aren't there two methods of logging in? This being one of them and facebook the other?

Not a very confident response!

Hi

I am having the exact problem and it is soo fraustration. I get the same error messadge when trying to log into spotify on my iphone. I am definately not having great enjoyment of spotify. Not happy!

Well one thing we saw a while back was users creating these passwords and thinking this meant they had new login details.

They would then delete their Facebook account and wonder why their account seemed broken. That's something we'd rather avoid.

It's always best to use the same login details you created your account with. Other methods are at your own risk.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Same problem with me as well, since updating! I don't have a spotify username as I've only had spotify a few months and therefore it signed me up through Facebook. It keeps asking to enter my spotify credentials, yet I don't have any! I've also tried logging out of my Facebook app and back in, but no luck there! 

Please help! 

Then why provide them?

Then why not just fix the problem. After all users are paying for this feature. 

Just keep using the Facebook login with your desktop, @SpotifyCares says... contact them on Twitter if you have issues, they are very responsive and competent!

@Summa wrote:
Then why provide them?

The device passwords are there for users to login on devices that don't support a Facebook login, such as the Sonos, Squeezebox, WD TV, etc.

And we are working on getting this issue sorted, of course!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

So can you please comment as to when we might see a fix? A fundemantal feature is not working. This feature is why I subscribed tio premium.

Also please can you advise me as to how I can obtain a refund?  I am paying a premium for a feature that does not work. I would like a refund on my subscription.

Hello!

Whatever you did in the latest update seems to have worked for my iPad 2. I have been traveling out of the country and in offline mode for 5 days now, and have not been asked to log in. I am also still using my Facebook account for my credentials.

Thanks for the fix!

For anyone else struggling with the awful support that I was geting, to fix this issue go to the following link:

https://www.spotify.com/us/account/set-device-password/ 

Set a password and take note of the username at the top, then when you open the app and it asks you to login, instead of selecting using facebook, select the other option "login with spotify details", then enter your username you copied down and the password you just set.

Once you have done this once you are not prompted again, the problem is fixed, thank the lord.

Kind Regards,
Boseley

I like the way Spotify approach complaints like Apple. They merely ask for feedback rather than deal with problems at hand.

A simple, we're working on it, in the meantime do this would've sufficed. Instead of users havin to work it out between us.

Hi,

I meet a little and unpleasant issue with Spotify on my iPhone 4S under 5.0.1.

I'd like to use spotify in offline mode, mainly because I often listen my music in train or undergroud, where I haven't a network connection.

I choose the other menu, and check the box "Offline mode". I can read... I have to connect spotify every 30 days.

Nevertheless, when I start spotify, the soft can ask me 3 or 4 times a day to connect to my spotify account, or facebook...

When I havn't a network signal, it's such difficult !

Is there a misunderstanding, or a trick to REALLY just have to connect one time a month ?

An other tittle question 😉

When I stop my music  and want to resume it a few minutes later with the remote on the earphone, the iPod module starts automatically. Is there a way to have Spotify as default player ?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my grammar 😉

Suggested posts