Keep getting requested to login

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Keep getting requested to login

Regular

Yikes! It works!  

Nearly fell off the chair when the app actually ran......offline!

Thanks dude, appreciate you taking the time to find out and post the fix,  (though what a cludgy workaround!....how am I going to remember that user i.d.!)

(Call me grumpy, but wouldn't it have been nice if somebody connected with Spotify couldav  explained all this.) 

Highlighted

Music Fan

Thanks thndrdan! Not sure why Spotify didn't tell me this trick??!!  It works fine, and yes its a little clunky, but hey it still works.....

Spotify, why didn't you tell us?!!?!?!  

Highlighted

Roadie

Hey all, we're glad to see that this method is helping some of you get logged into your accounts.  However, we should just state that we can't recommend using this method as it could create some account problems in future.

To be extra-clear, this certainly isn't the 'new method' for logging in offline. Logging in with your normal details should always work - there just appears to be a bug in the app at the moment preventing this from working as it should.

Let us know if you have any further questions about this. Hopefully we'll have more info to share on this soon.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Highlighted

Music Fan

Richard,

Can you explain what account problems it could cause, so we can better understand what the risks are?

Thx

Highlighted

Roadie
I've been monitoring this thread for the best part of a month. I'm glad this, all rather clunky, fix works, but I would also like to know why this have being doing this.

My monies on the fact that Facebook re-wrote their app recently and so spotif is having to re-address the login procedures?
Highlighted

Re: Constantly asking for login, even when in offline modus

Casual Listener
Same problem here with ipod touch am iOS 5.1.
Highlighted

iPhone/Facebook Login Issues with offline mode - Hopefully a temporary fix

Roadie

I've been having problems with Spotify asking me to log in via Facebook, everytime I set it to offline mode and either lose internet connection or close the app.

I saw this solution on a thread in the Accounts/Subscriptions forum, and thought it more appropriate if I post it here in the iOS forum, as it's mostly a bug on iPhones.

All you have to do (from memory) is log into Spotify (on laptop or through safari/chrome on iPhone) and go here: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/set-device-password/

They'll issue you a random user id, all numbers in my case, and ask you to click a button to send a password to your email.

Once you receive the email, you just use the login and password to log in to Spotify on your iPhone, instead of by Facebook.

This should at least fix the constant pop-up reminders! And remain in offline mode.

Let me know if this helps anyone 🙂

- Summa

Highlighted

Re: Constantly asking for login, even when in offline modus

Music Fan

Yes im getting this too. Using my iPad i subscribed to a couple of playlists and downloaded them. I then left for the weekend at a place with no Interet connection and I found that Spotify asked me to login, which of course I could not.

Really F'n annoying!

I'm gonna cancel my subscription because of this. I paid for offline and Spotify cannot support offline so I want a refund but you can bet your life i'm not gonna get one.... i'm still waiting for a response to a service request from 2 weeks ago relating to the fact that I signed up for the 1 month premium preview and they gave me 48 hours.

Terrible service. I won't be reccomending Spotify to any of my friends thats for sure. 

Highlighted

Music Fan

This URL does not exist anymore!!!

Highlighted

Music Fan

If anyone else has a solution i'd appriciate it.

ive got 40 hours of flying over te next 11 days so offline mode working would be great.

SUGGESTED POSTS