Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep having to reshuffle

Keep having to reshuffle

Since the last update my Spotify app won't stay on shuffle. I use it mainly in my car with Bluetooth and every time I get back in the car I have to open Spotify and hit shuffle again. I don't ever fully close the app, just minimize it.
I've tried completely refreshing the app, logged out and logged back in. I have also reset the phone a couple times, and nothing.
9 Replies

I'm having the exact same issue. I get in my car. Press shuffle all. Seems to not work at all or forgets after the car turns off and back on. Starts playing everything in Alphabetical order. Press shuffle again and will either work or not work. Just started happening about a week or two ago.

The only solution I have found so far is to be in a phone call when your phone connects to Bluetooth and for some reason it'll remember shuffle.
This issue is getting very frustrating though and honestly if I can't get it fixed properly I'll probably end up moving to Apple Music.

I am having the same problem.  Ever since the last app update on my iphone 7+, the shuffle feature is off by default everytime I get back in my car and it auto-connects via bluetooth.  Unfortuantely, sometimes I don't realize it's off unless I hear the same artist twice back-to-back on my 30+ hour playlist.   I really hope this gets fixed in a future update, because it's very annoying to have to turn it back on everytime I get in the car.

I finally found a solution to the shuffle but now it forces repeat on and is even worse than before because it shuffles the same 10 songs. In some cars there's a shuffle button on the console, it forces Spotify to shuffle.

I'm having this same issue with my iPhone 7+. It started after a recent update.

I have the exact same issue in the car after the latest iOS update for my phone.

For me its caused by switching to and from the Radio back to Media, this includes Radio alerts for Traffic. Shuffle turns OFF, Repeat turns ON.

This is incredibly annoying as I commute to work everyday for a total of 2,5 hours. Please fix.

I have a similiar problem with my iPhone 7 in that I can't see how to shuffle multiple albums.  Hopefully someone can answer this for me.

I also triec to Chat with a tech from Spotify but when he wanted me to answer a question and I tapped the field for entering my text, the keyboard pops up and disappears immediately.  I'm using iOS 10.3.2.

Thanks in advance.

Same for me. In fact I also had this issue with my iPhone 6 and it persists on my iPhone 7 when I use Spotify over Bluetooth in my car. 

Its just terrible that Spotify cannot get their act together on this whole shuffle issue. Given that the app has been around for ever now, I'd consider the service at a mature state. 

Come one Spotify, get your s__t together I've been a premium customer for over 2 years now, but you've gotta stop making us consider moving to the completion everytime we get in our cars!

Same issue here, iPhone 6, latest iOS and Spotify installed. The phone is mounted in the car, connected with a lightning cable. I never unplug or turn the phone off, nor close Spotify, but almost every time I get in the car the little "shuffle" symbol is off.

Suggested posts