Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep losing all my sync tracks for offline on my iphone!! They are there just not synched! Any help?

Solved!

Keep losing all my sync tracks for offline on my iphone!! They are there just not synched! Any help?

Happens quite often that all the tracks on my iphone are no longer synched. I get a message saying that my device is connected to more then 3 devices, which it is not!

Any help?

115 Replies

I have the same problem on my iphone, and it takes ages to resync every time! I've always had this problem.

I'm thinking to cancel my subscription

Marked as solution

I saw this in another thread : http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPod-Touch/Offline-playlists-get-removed/m-p/30373...

Perhaps there is a partial fix coming? It'd be nice to know an approximately timeline, 1 month, 3 months, etc...

finger crossed then!

I have somewhat of the same exact problem... for me not all of it is gone but half of it is there and it's not highlighted like all the other songs in my playlist and on my computer. I could play the tracks that are not unhighlighted on my computer but not on my iPhone. it just says that it's not syncd and that I have to connect my iPhone directly to sync but nothing happens. I've switched the "offline" switch several time but I don't even get that sync wheel turning on the playlist. I've been reading some of the post here and there is no fix for this yet huh? It does suck if that's the case and it does log out on me frequently and that I have to re-log-in ever so often. Most of my playlist is missing half of it's songs or is unplayable that it forces me to just go back to itunes or PANDORA or just "aquire" the songs I don't have personally through other means necessary and re-build my library that way and usnsubscribe to spotify because it is annoying that you can't access the songs you don't have in first place in which why I even signed up for this account; it's to have those songs without having to do extensive searching and buying. If this continues I might just do that.

That sounds like a different issue, satanasaint. It sounds like you have a regular level account, but not the $10 per month level that you need for offline playlists.

This has been happening to me as well for months. I thought I was the only one. I've contacted the support several times and they have told me to change my password. It didn't work, so they deauthorized and reauthorized my two devices. To no avail. I have resyncronized my offline playlists so many times it's not funny. I have contacted support twice last week and they're not even responding anymore. I am very disappointed and am studying the alternatives to Spotify. They are going to lose me as a client and a supporter. Bad move. 

same thing here;i just had to make my 4000 s0ng available offline again and still wont sync with my ipod touch. it has  been a month for me with no help nor answers lately. they told me they had to clear my older computer about a week ago, but still havent i guess. this is bull. think i will post this on facebook and find new site also   THIS IS RIDICULOUS!  WISH I HAD NEVER USED THIS SITE

For what it's worth, I'm looking into Itunes Match and Headphones (Python based newsgroup downloader) as a replacement for Spotify. You should look into it, or at least Itunes Match. I sort of didn't pay attention when it came out but looking at it again it seems like a good service.

I didn't think Rdio's interface was that great, and I couldn't even try MOG's desktop client (let alone iOS client) out before signing up for a paid account.

Same thing happened to me today, I have lost all my sync playlists and need to resync all.

I can't understand how such a bug is not fixed for several months !!

It's happening to me about once every 2 weeks, it's unbearable as my 4gb library takes 2 nights to redownload over my 200kbps connection. Has anyone used grooveshark for iPhone and can tell me how it compares?

05-03-2012

why is this problem still not solved?

I have this problem manny times.

snuf

I am experiencing the same issue on iOS 5.

Dear Spotify,

Let me know when this long running problem is solved as I'm not paying £9.99 a month to have to re-download all my tracks every few days.

This was happening well before I had iCloud too so it's not down to that.

I'm off to Napster now!

Bye,

Much Much Disgruntled Customer

I received an email from a CSR today saying this:

"Thanks for your patience while we finished our transcoding. I can now confirm that this has been completed so you should not see anymore random resyncing of your playlists. If for some strange reason you do then it could be down to an individual problem with either your device or your account. If you experience anything like this then just let us know."

So, hopefully this means it really is fixed. I still think Spotify handled this poorly with a lack of response and acknowledgement of the issue (at least in this thread, maybe there are others where there has been lively discussion back and forth with Spotify).

SEVERAL MONTHS LATER AND THIS MAJOR ISSUE IS STILL NOT RESOLVED??????!! 

I've been using Spotify for months on end as a premium subscriber. Suddenly out of no where, I have lost ALL my synced songs on my iPhone4. Mind you this is over 1000s of songs.  When I try resyncing, it appears to continue to do so (who the hell has patience for that many songs to resync anyway), and if I leave the app & come back it starts back at one. 

My app & iPhone is up to date. I only have one mobile device, and a couple macbooks - but devices shouldn't even be an issue here. 

I am pretty much paying $10 for complete garbage. I loved & recommended Spotify to any music lover, but if you can't even keep my music organized & running properly, I'm not finding a point in using this app at all.... I'm highly considering Rdio.... 

I'm beyond irritated and upset...

This morning my whole offline list disappeared off my iPhone, I plugged it into the computer I originally signed up on and it wont connect to sync anything and I still am not getting my music. HELP!!!!!

very frustrating! a lot of time was spent trying to re-sync. guess im not the only one upset.

I have an iphone 3G.  I just joined the service and have had the problem of losing downloaded tracks and being told I have more than 3 units in offline mode (which I don't).  I noticed in the thread the suggestion to disable the "backup to the cloud" option under settings.  I tried this and have gone for several hours with no problem cycling through closing my desktop and mobile app a number of times.  Will keep my fingers crossed.

I have this issue too!

If spotify don't fix this issue I am most definatley cancelling my subscription.
I've resynced my playlists like 3 times in last 2 days. Absolute rubbish.

Sju the h-ll aren't the spotify staff giving any response in this issue?!
I'm ALSO having this much fustrated issue which seems to be impossible for the completely ignorant staff at Spotify, just leeching money of paying customers.

The least thing you could do is give everyone, including myself, a response in eh this issue is taking you so long. Is it to much to ask for?

Suggested posts