Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keeps skipping songs after 45 seconds

Solved!

Keeps skipping songs after 45 seconds

Please can someone help

All of a sudden my Spotify keeps skipping after 45 seconds. Goes to the next song every single time

i have deleted the app, reinstalled, logged in, logged out. Tried a few other things and nothing has worked

i pay for this service and looking for a resolution fast

thank you!!!! 

Top Answer
Raptr12
Visitor

I tried everything I read and nothing worked for me.
I fixed it by removing all my downloads, clearing cache, disabled hardware acceleration and the login out and login in.
I don't know what specifically was the root of the problem but one of those fixed it.
Hope this helps

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Louise7728,

Could you try using the remove Offline devices and Sign Out Everywhere, probably resetting your password too, from your Spotify account page?

Does this happen if you try it with another Spotify account in your device?

If possible try signing in to another with your current spotify account to see if that helps.

Make sure you've have all the latest updates installed, too.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I have tried all of those things I’m afraid

12.1.4 software for iPhone

Spotify 8.4.93.796

thank you 

louise 

Any other advice or tips?

much appreciated 

louise

Marked as solution

Hey @Louise7728,

Could you try using the remove Offline devices and Sign Out Everywhere, probably resetting your password too, from your Spotify account page?

Does this happen if you try it with another Spotify account in your device?

If possible try signing in to another with your current spotify account to see if that helps.

Make sure you've have all the latest updates installed, too.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

Thank you SO much! This has worked!!! 

Nothing here or in other topics helped. I'm using the web version. I signed out everywhere, cleared all browser data, blew away my browser, everything. Started from scratch.

Then Spotify keeps skipping songs.

Other apps like YouTube and Soundcloud work perfectly, so I'll use those instead for the time being.

Hi I am having an issue with skipping songs on the web player as well, after first five songs it starts to play and the sound is gone. 

None of the solutions presented above was helpful any idea since it is annoying I am not able to listen to the music while in work.

Thanks

Hey @11160184025,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Have you tried using an incognito window and clearing the cache and cookies of the browser you're using?

Could you also try a different browser, if possible?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Still no actual solution to the problem yet eh?

Your "solutions" only work temporarily and at this point are a joke. Go into incognito mode to use your software. Come on man.

I tried everything I read and nothing worked for me.
I fixed it by removing all my downloads, clearing cache, disabled hardware acceleration and the login out and login in.
I don't know what specifically was the root of the problem but one of those fixed it.
Hope this helps

Suggested posts