Premium Plan 

Country

USA 

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 13.6

My Question or Issue

When I queue any songs/podcasts, the last thing I queued is not visible (and thus can't be removed from queue or reordered). A blank space is shown where the title of the song should be showed, and the song does play as it's supposed to. However, this issue makes it really inconvenient when I want to remove something from my queue or move it to a different spot. I attached a photo to show what it looks like. 

This issue has been happening for about 6 months now. I have tried deleting the app and logging out of my account.  

spotify bug.PNG
12 Replies

Hey there @annajmcd,

Thanks for reaching out to us. No worries. Help is on the way.

Could you let us know whether or not the queue displays correctly in our web player? How about when you log in to another deice, if that's an option? If you could also let a friend or family member log in to their own account on your iPhone XR to see if the issue also comes up, that would also help us out a lot. This way we can determine whether the device or your account is causing this behavior. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to help if you have any questions.

Have a nice day.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello there! I would say to try from another device or a Spotify Web Player.

Thank you so much for the tips! The queue works properly on the web player and on the desktop app. 

Since I guess the problem is with my device, is there anything I can do? My software is fully updated and I've tried logging in and out of my account multiple times. I've also tried deleting the app and reinstalling it. 

Happy to help!

Thank you so much for the tips! The queue works properly on the web player and on the desktop app. 

Since I guess the problem is with my device, is there anything I can do? My software is fully updated and I've tried logging in and out of my account multiple times. I've also tried deleting the app and reinstalling it. 

Hey @annajmcd,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the troubleshooting you've done.

It points indeed to the issue being device related. Could you reinstall the app once more, but this time using these steps? They are more thorough and ensure that no leftover files remain. Make sure to also restart you device. This is a effective, but often overlooked step.

It's a good idea afterwards to also check if the Spotify app has all permissions enabled. You can find them in the Privacy section of your iPhone's setting.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have had this same issue the last couple of months. Just tried a complete reinstall of the app, but the problem persists.

Hey there @Kaktusgris,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

Can you let us know if the same thing happen on another device or the web player?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Tried on a Mac where the queue worked as intended. The web player does not support queuing as far as I can see?

For information: am running on an iPhone XR with iOS 14.4.2 (but the issue has been present in previous versions as well)

Hi there again @Kaktusgris,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

You should be able to queue songs in the web player. Can you try from another browser or an incognito/private window? 

Can you try the following:

• Try an alternative connection (if on a public or office network try a private network, if possible)
  • Soft reset of the device
  • Ensure device has enough storage space

If that doesn't do the trick, can you provide us a screenshot so that we can have a closer look of what's going on directly from your end.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Have done several soft resets in this period to no help.

There is 150GB of free storage.

(Cannot include screenshot as .jpeg is not supported as an attachment..., but it looks exactly the same as the original post)

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

There's currently an ongoing issue about this. You can also leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

We also suggest that you try to change the text size in their device settings

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂 

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts