Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Latest Spotify iOS update (today) breaks BMW Spotify integration in 'your library'

Latest Spotify iOS update (today) breaks BMW Spotify integration in 'your library'

After updating spotify today, I've been having issues with the BMW integration.  The integration still works but if I go to my library in the connected drive spotify app and then select "Artists" (which doesn't show how many artists I have saved, it did yesterday) it immediately crashes the iOS app on the phone and then I have to start it manually from the phone.

As long as I don't try to view the 'artists' in my library everything works fine, except 99% of the time when I listen to music I want to select a specific artist and put them on shuffle play, so this breaks the majority of what I use spotify for.

5 Replies

Hi,

Also reporting of some issues with BMW iDrive issues, it now appears twice in the Multimedia apps list.

At last we can now browse for artists via a search! Thanks! 🙂 

Hello,

I am having the same problem.  When searching via Artists from the iDrive system the app immediately crashes.

Same to me! BMW does not recognize Spotify properly since last update!

As soon as I choose songs the app crashes and the BMW goes back to the main screen

Hi all,

I've experienced a similar problem on my BMW F21 (2012). I'm running the latest iDrive update (UPD01008.bin), so my iDrive version is MX-3.5.4 and TX-3.5.8.

Spotify is running on my iPhone 7 iOS 10.0.2 and Spotify version is 6.8.0.3786.

I found out that the problem is not just related to artists not showing up. Going through iDrive to my Spotify library it now only shows the amount of artists I'm following. I am following a few people/groups in Spotify of which 3 are artists, iDrive would show 3 artists available in my Spotify library. Selecting the artists (currently showing 3), it does actually and only lists the 3 followed artists.

In an attempt to have it show up the few hundred artists which are part of my library I un-followed all 3 artists in the Spotify app. iDrive now showed 0 artists in my library, and when trying to list these the app crashes and can't even reconnect unless I restart the car completely. Restarting the app on the phone didn't work for me.

I have not found any other issues.

Suggested posts