Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Latest Spotify release is preventing iPhone Car integration from working

Latest Spotify release is preventing iPhone Car integration from working

Unlike other users, my Spotify App (on iPhone 4S) seem to work / integreate perefctly with my BMW / Mini Cooper ipod connection.

I have been able to view current song title as well as use the back / forward buttons on my steering wheel.

All this has been working perfectly until (regretably) I downloaded the latest Spotify App update this evening (App: 0.5.9.10, Spotify Core: 0.7.1.6114). Now, I'm having the following problems:

- Song title does not display

- Steering controls no longer function

- Quick control (by duouble clicking the home button) no longer works, meaning I have to unlock my phone and control from App directly

- Worst of all, I can now no longer use my iPhone's own music!!!! as for some strange reason the car's integration can no longer see the iphone's local music!! only way to fix this is to delete the Spotify App from my iPhone, which then enables the car integration to restore itself.

Help please!!!

8 Replies

Have the same problem.

2012 BMW with NAVI, Bluetooth and iPhone4 in original BMW phone adapter.

The music plays fine and title info and cover art are displayed in the NAVI display, but I can not skip tracks with iDrive buttons or buttons on steering wheel. If I take out the iPhone from the adapter and use it with Bluetooth only all buttons work fine and track info is displayed in the NAVI display, but there is no cover art. So this seems like the best solution for now.

My car have the latest multimedia update from BMW (UPD01005), my iPhone4 have iOS 6.0.1 and I use Spotify App 0.5.9.10

I can now confirm it is indeed the latest Spotify App Version 0.5.9.10 that has caused this defect. This is how I can confirm:

I have 2 identical iPhone 4S handsets (both running the iOS6.1). One iphone has Spotify version 0.5.9.10, while the other has Spotify version 0.5.8.73

I've tested both in my BMW / Mini Cooper.

Version 0.5.9.10 has all the issues described earlier

Version 0.5.8.73 works PERFECTLY!!!

Can anyone tell me if / how I can download the old Spotify iOS version (i.e. Version 0.5.8?) PLEASE!!!

Bump

You all are lucky they broke the App with my 2010 Acura navigation over a year ago. Been using bluetooth every since which essentially works fine.

would be great if this issue could be resolved! i cannot listen to spotify in my car, without being interrupted and having to reconnect to listen to 2 more minutes of music and then being disconnected again, vvvery nerv wrecking!

I also have an issue to use the steering wheel controls in my Citroën C4 with bluetooth connectivity box...

The title of the song is not showing on the car's display.

This was the case with previous Spotify app and the most recent version.

Is it Spotify itself or maybe the firmware of the Citroën?

(BTW, I'm using an iPhone 5 and iPad with iOS 6.1.2 and they both have the same issue)

Hi Andrec,

while streaming music with Spotify and Bluetooth to your MINI, can you skip/forward using the wheel buttons?

In my case the effect is, that the iTunes App starts playing instead sending Spotify to pause mode.

So I can only listen to Spotify as long as I do not touch any back/forward buttons from the car itself. Would have to interact with iPhone App itself which is distracting and thus dangerous. 

Try it with the shuffle mode

Suggested posts