Announcements

Library with carplay

Re: Library with carplay

Music Fan
Hi

Actually for the time being it seems random.

Yesterday I launched the app from CarPlay and it didn’t work [cid:9C9DACAD-42EC-413B-AEC6-C2E93CBA3F83-L0-001]

I unplugged the iPhone, close Spotify, reconnect the iPhone, launch Spotify from the iPhone and library was back

[cid:A9E81D90-7DEC-45C9-BE08-7397BBFF8FBA-L0-001]

But this morning I tried again and this time it worked fine at first try.

So I have to make other tests. I’m wondering if this depends what was the last music app I used with CarPlay... I will let you know

Music Fan

with the pictures before / after

before.jpg
after.jpg

Hey @chrispau,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you let us know if the issue persists after a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. It's also a good idea to check if there are any updates available for the car infotainment system and your iPhone.

Also, did this start happening after a specific event, like an update or installing an app, or was it random?

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

Regular

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with Spotify in my BMW 3series (2020 model).

The only thing that brings the library back is taking the phone and quitting the Spotify app on the phone. Then the library reappears in carplay.

This is really annoying and dangerous to be forced to take the phone in the hand and manually kill the Spotify app while driving.

Please fix this. The sudden healing over night are linked to terminated Spotify apps. Not to a bug disappearing.

Hey @masalm,

Thanks for reaching out.

We're sorry to hear you're also experiencing issues with Spotify and CarPlay. Could you let us know if you've performed a clean reinstall and checked for updates for your car infotainment system and your iPhone? If you have the option to check if the behavior comes up with a friend or family members account as well, that would help the troubleshooting process a lot. Make sure to include the Spotify version you're running.

Keep is posted, we'll be here if you have any questions. 

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

Regular

Hi,

yes, all done. Versions of my car entertainment system, iOS and Spotify are the latest.

Clean install does not change anything. Completely reconnecting phone to car does not change anything.

Spotify version 8.5.86.739

Music Fan

Hi,

Clean Re-install does not solve the issue

you need to close the app on the phone to solve the issue.

I'm up to date on ios (14.3), spotify app (8.5.86.739) and the infotainment system of my Peugeot 5008. 

Regular

Just to avoid misunderstanding. Closing the app only temporarily solves the issue. Later the same day or the next day, the issue comes back. Then again, closing the app temporarily solves the issue.

This is clearly a bug in the Spotify app.

Hey @masalm,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you please include the exact iOS version, as well as the model of your iPhone? If you could include a photo of how the app gets displayed at your end, that would also help us a lot in getting to the bottom of this quicker. 

On another note- did you have the option to test if the issue comes up when logged in with a different account?

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.

MihailModerator

Regular

Hello,

for the screenshot, it looks exactly like in the one posted already by chrispau.

I can't test it with another account.

iPhone Xr, iOS 14.2

SUGGESTED POSTS