Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Like/Dislike

Like/Dislike

When using spotify on my iphone, i can no longer like or dislike songs. HALP!!

7 Replies

Hey there,

What happens when you press like/dislike? Have you tried doing a full reinstallation of the app?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Same problem.  Spotify appears to be ignoring us.

Hey guys!

Thanks for posting in the community. 🙂

Sorry to hear that you're having troubles with Spotify. Try restarting the device by holding both the lock and home buttons together for 10 seconds. Does that help?

If not, let us know the versions of Spotify, iOS and device that you're using here. We'd love to investigate further with you.

Jason,

Thank You for replying.  I have had this problem since 9/18.  I have tried starting and stopping Spotify numerous times.  I have also done a power off - power on reset my iPhone about 4 or 5 times.  Uninstalled Spotify twice.  This is separate from at least 2 or 3 Spotify software updates.  Nothing works.  Period

Stats:  iPhone 5S, iOS 8.1

Bill

P.S.  A a trobleshooting data point, I have found that when I change radio station Spotify kind of works for about 5 minutes.  The anoying something went wrong error message goes away but the thumbs up and thumbs down buttons do not show green or red.  Then the app stops working again.  From my experience in troubleshooting the problem and in reading numerous user posts this is clearly a software bug and not a user issue.  Please, please fix!!!

Thanks Bill!

Have you recently updated the software to 1.8.1 (released Monday)?

Would you be able to Private message me the accounts email address? I'd love to take a look behind the scenes for you.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I upgraded to iOS 1.8.1.  As a note I had the problem before the iOS upgrade.  And YES as an IT professional, I would be happy to work with you via private message to troubleshoot this issue.

As an additional troubleshooting note, I have experienced the problem both when connected via cellular and WiFi.  What puzzles me is that I can skip ahead to the next song so it appears that my connection to Spotify's servers is healthy.  Nevertheless, the 'Like/Dislike' function does not work.

I'm having the same problem, with like/dislike buttons not working on iPad using Spotify Connect to play on my Onkyo TX-NR616 receiver. The buttons work when playing Spotify on the iPad and not connected to the receiver, but they do not function as soon as I use Spotify Connect. Weird.

By the way, except for this problem, I love using Spotify Connect to play music on my receiver while controlling from my iPad. Totally awesome,

Suggested posts