Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 6S Plus

Operating System

iOS 13.4.1

My Question or Issue

After first launching the app, the Liked Songs library takes what seems to be an excessive amount of time to load. My library contains ~1,800 songs, and it’s seemed to do this ever since I hit around 1,700 songs (a few months ago). Other playlists and the search/browse tabs seem to load normally. I’ve already re-installed the app. Any help would be much appreciated.

6 Replies

Bump.

Same, I have the same issue. The home and library pages load, but as soon as I enter "My Liked Songs" it starts loading and never actually loads. Using an iPhone 11 on iOS 14 in the UK.

Hey @jzmwong and @5hine,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

It's possible that some of the app files have gotten corrupted. This is usually resolved by performing a clean reinstall using these steps. They are more thorough and make sure that no leftover files remain.

If that doesn't fix things, it's possible your experiencing a case of this Ongoing Issue. We recommend that you +VOTE and subscribe to it, if you haven't already. We'll share any updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have this problem as well. Liked Songs is the only playlist that loads slowly for me on Mobile (android) and it takes 5 or more seconds to change songs when I click a track in the playlist. I have over 4000 songs in the playlist.

Hey @amanderr

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, have you tried performing a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps? If so and it didn't do the trick, could you check if the same happens while using a different network? 

If that doesn't make the difference either, keep in mind that large playlists can affect the app's performance. In this case, we suggest that you split your large playlist into smaller ones.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It did fix it, thank you for that link! I'd reinstalled but hadn't done all the "clean reinstall" steps as well. Liked Songs seems to be loading and playing much faster now. 

Suggested posts