Liked Songs not loading

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 6s and Windows

Operating System

iOS 13 and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I was making a playlist on desktop with normal songs and local files mixed. When I was finished making the playlist I looked on my iPhone if the local files were displayed in the playlist. And as I expected they didn't. So my usual method to get the songs on my phone was listening to te music on my pc and then on my phone via Spotify Connect listening the song and save it to my Liked Songs. After I was finished with all 65 local files I checked Liked Songs. The only thing I saw was the loading animation. I have been waiting for like 10 min and nothing happened so I looked at Liked Songs on pc and all the songs were there. How can I fix the loading screen?

3 Replies

Hey there @demeneer280

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to change the source of the local files on your device. Simply create a new folder in a different directory on your device and move your local files to this folder. Then just delete the old folder used for the local files. Now you can try importing the files again. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

I tried doing the same (uninstalling and installing then restarting then checking the storage permission) but my liked songs on my phone still won't appear, it keeps on saying "Your liked songs will  appear here". Then I tried checking my spotify on my laptop, fortunately it shows my liked songs. Another thing, my spotify works slow all of a sudden on the phone which is very unsual (my internal storage has about 9 gb left). Hope I could find a solution for this. 

Hey there @Iyaxddx,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

If you're using an SD card, we'd suggest you remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Are there any changes?

You can also deactivate any battery optimization or power saving apps for Spotify.

If the issue persists, you might be experiencing this issue. You can add your +Vote and Subscribe to the thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts