Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked song icon on song in playlist is green but not actually liked

Solved!

Liked song icon on song in playlist is green but not actually liked

Hopefully the title is enough but I’ve been listening to the “New Core” playlist over the past couple of days on my iPhone 11 (latest iOS version) and noticed that the liked song icon (the heart) has been highlighted green on a lot of songs but it turns out they weren’t liked (I’ve been trying to add more music to my liked songs playlist).

I haven’t been able to confirm but it appears that if I “like a song” the icon goes green but then stays green for the next song and then when I “like” the next song the icon “un-greens” then stays un-green.

It appears to be fairly inconsistent but I’ve managed to video it just now but can’t upload because the file size is too large so I’ve taken some screenshots of a couple of frames of the video. 

693BC20C-B473-4986-AFCB-4D94E548FCAD.png
3169CE87-1689-482C-B77D-DD49C397EC53.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @james_drewnicki! Thanks for reporting this to the community and welcome! 🙂

Have you already tried to perform a clean reinstall? This action might be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble on your device.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be on the lookout for your reply.

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @james_drewnicki! Thanks for reporting this to the community and welcome! 🙂

Have you already tried to perform a clean reinstall? This action might be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble on your device.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be on the lookout for your reply.

MateusMSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @james_drewnicki,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

If afterwards the issue persists, could you let us know the exact OS and Spotify version on your device? You can also upload the video recording to streaming service (like You Tube for example) and share the link here. We'll be happy to take a closer look.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Mihail wrote:

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device?

The issue is fixed, but it had nothing to do with clean reinstall.

Thanks for the responses everyone. 

I have performed a clean reinstall of the app and first impressions are that the issue is fixed. I’ll keep monitoring it just in case (it wasn’t consistent before so it may crop up when I’ve found a new playlist with a lot more songs I haven’t already favourited).

Thanks again

James

Hey @james_drewnicki,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Glad to hear that it worked out the app behaves as expected again.

In case the issue occurs again, feel free to write in the ongoing issue thread @Onewave mentioned. You can follow the steps under the Status Update.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts