List Albums under Artist view?!

Re: List Albums under Artist view?!

kipnosky
Music Fan

I am confused. I thought this was just a bug with this latest update. It's Spotify saying this is now a design change unless enough customers for against it? 

Hey folks,

We just wanted to let you know that a new version of Your Library is being rolled out on mobile devices, so make sure to keep your app updated!

To find out more about how it works, just head over to this Spotify Answer. 

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions regarding this.

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers

Re: List Albums unter Artist view?!

ChrisHibbard
Casual Listener

This was previously available until the app updated. My subscription is cancelled until this comes back.

I used to be able to simply save songs to my library and view all saved songs by any particular artist or album. 

Why take this away?

mlaux66
Regular

I’m sorry, but this is so blatantly obvious that it’s surprising that this even needs to be discussed. I want to listen to an artist and I want to listen to the stuff I have in my library for that artist. This is the way how songs are accessed. Who wants to dig through 25 albums when there is exactly one I want to listen to in my library?

mlaux66
Regular

Indeed, this used to work exactly as expected

mlaux66
Regular

No no no no - please have a look how Apple Music does it.  The “artist” is the layer between me and the “list of albums”.  And the artists are those where I have stuff in my library, not the ones which I’m following. This is not the same thing, it’s a very fundamental difference and a different concept.

Highlighted

alexhoward8
Regular

Did this update also happen on the iphone?  None of this has been updated for me.

It seems like whoever is designing this feature for the library really doesnt know much about the user or music.  Im not trying to be rude, but every day i am getting likes by my original request.  A lot of your subs dont care for playlist, and we should be allowed to download a song or songs to our library without having create a playlist or putting it in a que, or having to download the whole album.   The library should be designed for quick access and a much easier user interface to find that song, that's why we are paying to have it stored on the phone, not streamed every time we want to listen to it  Please look at Apple's interface.  One touch downloads a song or songs, and those songs are catergorized by the album under artist.  Show a picture of the album, like you do on the home page.  make that feature for the library like you do on the home page.  

Edward_janson

This type of sorting like the feature you have in your desktop versions is what we find missing in the mobile version. The mobile app already had this before but recent updates makes it less convenient because you whenever you wanna play something you gotta search an entire library with thousands of songs. I didnt even know why the developers remove this feature. Hope you can revert it back to like what is was before or please teach us how to rollback versions because once i get this feature again. ill never gonna update my app ever again. Thank youdownload.jpgyour desktop versions have it. pls bring this backUntitled.pngmy mobile version can view songs by playlist only. -_-

alexhoward8
Regular

Here is an example on iphone

6D7EA8AF-74AA-4AA5-833D-48D0D1646EFB.png
5C5B8759-C1FB-4355-B397-AF225B8C39B8.png
142A2411-C678-42AF-A0CE-C591C21D411D.png

alexhoward8
Regular

Here is what I see in my library for Spotify 

419F2A52-D897-4CC3-874D-1497F1E624A7.png