Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

List Albums under Artist view?!

Solved!

List Albums under Artist view?!

So am I just **bleep**ed or is this feature really missing from the app/Spotify all together?

When I go to an artist in my Library I see all Tracks by that artists listed in one giant list, but I can't seem to find a way to see albums listed in chronological or alphatical order... How is this not a thing yet?

54 Replies

This has been very frustrating.  I understand that you have different markets and age groups that use your servive.  I also understand that you cannot make everyone happy with request, however, my request fits a need of the  vast majority of paying subs that do more than listen to singles or create playlists.  I submitted a post on the community forum earlier this year that i felt would help people who pay for the premium service.  I looked back and saw several similiar requests that were ignored.    I waited patiently and received the proper amount of likes for Spotify to consider this concern, submitted pictures to help articulate the subject, and have been told to wait for the new update.  The new update came out, and is worse than before. I was told by Spotify after the last update to follow another request similiar to my own.  Yet, Im still getting likes by paying subs who want this change.  At least be honest and tell us that there are no plans to make the necessary changes we are asking or do something about it.  This forum will continue to get likes while our requests are ignored.  Feel free to look at all of my post, its insulting to us as the posts suggest above

Just fix it.

I have just written a post which was removed only minutes ago by the moderators. Nothing in the post was rude or offensive. It was removed because they didn't like the content. The content reflects virtually every person's feelings in this thread.

NO ONE IS LISTENING. The forum is a pretence that enables them to check the 'we supply customer service' box.

Previous moderators, Peter, Katerina etc deliberately move complaints from pillar to post and DO NOT address the question of albums showing with any intention or information concerning implementation.

We, the PAYING CUSTOMERS do not matter to this company.

I will continue to post this message every time it is removed, as it is a legitimate concern, backed up by proof of long standing inaction on behalf of those that represent Spotify.

I urge anyone reading to take note of my username, as I assume that the nanny-state corporate silencing will simply move to block me from the forum.

Thanks for nothing Spotify.

I thought I was doing something wrong. This is absolutely horrific to use and if it’s not changed I’ll be heading back to Apple Music. 

The **bleep**? How is this not a thing? I was trying spotify because of the music discovery aspect, but I can't believe this BASIC organization isn't in the app. Artist -> Album -> Songs has been the standard of music navigation since the first digital music players. How does this not make sense to spotify?

Every time I have a problem with spotify I look on the forums and topics and see automated or scripted replies that essentially say "Yup, we hear you and aren't going to do anything about it! Have a great day!" This is like the 10th problem I've had where this is the result of my googling. I'm out. Going back to Apple Music. At least that is a functional service with a UI that makes sense, and the ability to submit feedback that actually results in changes. 

Couldn't agree more with you

Ok, so I’m in my first month of 3 month free Premium, and I’ve got to say I’m not impressed so far. No feature to select Artist > Album > Song is frankly ridiculous. Seems the only even vaguely usable workaround is to follow an artist, but never “like” any of their songs or albums. As soon as you “like” an album, the artist view is subsequently hobbled to an ugly list of all the liked songs - no album list and no ability to see other work by that artist. Madness.

I imagine that workaround is broken as soon as you download anything, but I’ve not tried that yet.

I get the impression Spotify just want users to mindlessly consume endless rolling playlists of shuffled songs. The album is dead! Anyone know whether Apple Music has a decently sized catalogue?

Winamp in 1998 (21 years ago) already implemented this "so advanced" feature... It's should be tested enough and safe now for Spotify to introduce it

I recently started using Spotify and the album in the artist page is hard to get used to. 

Apple Music on the other hand has implemented it quite well, and yes, they have a very sized catalogue with recommendations similar to Spotify. 

A7C63D15-129E-4CD4-AF08-83B5E3F1393E.png
9EA0329C-F82A-458F-AB44-C20255C62438.png

Yes but this is a feature that was already there and then was removed. We shouldn't have to vote a feature in the forms in order to get it back to where it was. The whole app redesign sucks it's impossible to find artist albums anymore, quickly search through your downloaded songs or even find out that you have downloaded.

I just switched back to Spotify Premium from Apple Family Music.  The lack of this feature is going to send me back to Apple.  I like Spotify's help in finding new music, but the inability to display artists' music by album is a dealbreaker.

Are you getting this yet mods?....

You guys are the communicators, the middle ground, the voice of hundreds of thousands of people. I know you work for them, but there IS no them without US. Tell them! We want Artists>Albums. TELL THEM!!!!!!!!

..seriously though, send it up..

Still hasn't been fixed. In fact, the link you provided is now a closed discussion. With over 5,000 votes. I have just canceled my subscription because clearly, after a year of "valued" listeners giving their input on this, you do not listen. 

***Update***switched to amazon music! 

E5D9DDE3-4C09-4FF6-B1C9-8A5367BFC000.png

I can't believe this is not part of the product. Just switched from Apple Music and my son told me it's not possible to see the artist and albums. Thought he didn't what he was doing but guess not. This needs to be implemented pronto.
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate all your feedback on the new Your Library experience.

Going forward, we would like to refer you to the Idea Exchange as it is the best way of providing your feedback on any features you'd like to see implemented.

There is an existing idea which suggests a change similar to the one many of you have requested here - feel free to add your vote to it here.

If you'd like to suggest something different, however, you can always submit a new idea for it.

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks! 

Suggested posts