Announcements

“Listen on other device” not working on iOS 14

Highlighted

Re: “Listen on other device” not working on iOS 14

Regular

Thank you for the suggestion. I did as you suggested and deleted the app and reinstalled it, but the only prompt I got was regarding notifications.

I then opened the app on my TV, but I could not find it in the device menu on my phone app.

I have also previously tried to connect to Spotify when it was open on my Roku as well as my Windows laptop, but I could not.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Yeah I’ve reinstalled updated everything to the most it can be and still don’t have the extra volume slider
Highlighted

Casual Listener

spotify.jpgweeks with the issue of IOS 14 doesn't see yamaha Spotify connect, event uninstalling wit all steps didn't work.

Definitively issue its IOS privacy local network functionality

I got work closing the session of my user , sig in again and finally iphone ask me Spotify want to access local network, accept allow and problem was finally resolved.  

Highlighted

Regular

I agree that it is an iOS 14 privacy settings issue.  

Unfortunately, I have tried everything including uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify after updating to iOS 14.0.1, as well as logging out then back in, but nothing I have done results in the app prompting for local network permissions.

It is a shame because I really enjoyed the ability to queue songs on my app and have them play on my TV over my sound system. It’s a whole lot easier than using the buttons on my TV remote.  

Hopefully someone at Spotify will see this soon and be able to figure out what is going on.

Highlighted

Visitor
Hi
I did have the same issue. No improvements after updating IOS and re-installing spotify.
Luckily the old trick - turn the phone off and on again - helped. I got the pop up asking for permission.
Hope this helps.
Highlighted

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey all!

Thanks for keeping me posted! Let’s see what I can suggest. If you have the latest iOS version, tried to reinstall the Spotify app and still don’t see the Local Network option, could you let me know the exact iOS and Spotify versions you’re using?

Let me know!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Hi, exactly the same problem for me with iOS 14, spotify connect on Sonos speakers
SUGGESTED POSTS