Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Grayed Out on iPhone

Local Files Grayed Out on iPhone

I have been using Spotify for 6 years and I have never been more outraged. I recently got a new phone and my local files had disappeared from my playlists. I have followed every tutorial and guide explaining how to get them back for the last 3 hours with no results. The songs still work fine on my Mac but I am just prompted with a message saying "Song Not Downloaded" on my mobile device. I have connected both devices to my hotspot and two seperate wifi connections with no different results. The new playlist with local files has been downloaded on both devices but are still not working. I have done this process multiple times before so I am aware on how it's done. Please explain to me why this is not working.

5 Replies

yeah i also just posted about this, i have seen like 10 other people have this problem only with ios devices in tge last like 3 weeks. it clearly has to do with spotify updating compatibility for ios 13 and botching some syncing up, i have troubleshooted and spent over 3 hours searching up any possible problmes with my phone and computer and have clean wiped spotify online download individually and clean wiped spotify from microsoft store individually as well. it is the only possible solution. im kinda annoyed i spent all this time thinking something was wrong ith my internet. i think we just have to wait a while, which is pretty annoying but it is the only thing we can do other then bring it to their attention

Hey @touchamyspaghet and @brandanz1, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Can you try syncing your tracks via your phone's hotspot or a different wifi network? Sometimes these issues are caused by problematic router/network settings which may be fixed by using a different router/network and definitely would be fixed if you could use your phone's hotspot.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I've tried my hotspot and two different WiFi connections. Same results.

@brandanz1,

Could you try removing the folder from your Local Files and making a new folder or sub-folder and re-linking?

Also, while both devices are connected to the same network or hotspot, can you try playing the track(s) on the Desktop app? For some reason that seemed to help me when I was syncing local files earlier today. Also try letting it sit for a few minutes, depending on data transfer rates it might just be taking a while for files to upload and transfer.

I'm posting an update on this issue, as I am seeing the same thing.  I've also seen this issue and tried all of these things as well.  I have not tried recreating the folder because these are not under a folder on my PC, they are just added to a playlist in Spotify. 

I can play my entire local content playlist that I created through the desktop app, so this just happens on my iPhone.

What's next to restore this functionality?

Suggested posts