Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 10 XR

IMG_2334.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Alright quick update,  I may have found a solution. I uploaded the files to an audio editor and exported them with little to no changes, and they seem to work now. I guess try it again

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Click the download button again to desync the playlist from Spotify then redownload.

I have tried this and unfortunately it doesn't work. I've tried a clean reinstall as well.

Hey @TheDootinator,

Thanks for posting here.

It's a good idea to try downloading the songs while using another network. You can also check the steps mentioned in this article to see if that makes a difference.

Just to double-check-are there any changes after trying these steps for clean reinstall?

In case the issue persists, could you try with another account on the same devices to see if that changes anything?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The files were imported from my computer. I have had other songs imported from my computer work on my phone before without having to do a clean reinstall, which I tried using those steps before

Hey @TheDootinator,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you confirm if you have tried all the suggestions given by @Ver above and if the situation still persists? Keep in mind that all local files that you import to the app should be obtained from legal sources to be sure that they will be recognized and streamed by Spotify.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm unable to use a different network, and I have tried a clean reinstall

Hey @TheDootinator,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

You could try creating a mobile hotspot from your phone if that possible. This way we can rule out a network-related issue.

If it persists, could you let us know where you obtained the files from?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I am having all of the same issues as the OP, how do I know if the music is legal or illegal? How is the music recognized as legal or illegal? One issue that I didn't see mentioned was that spotify will highlight the song (on iphone) for half a second as if to play it and then just unhighlight it, or if its the next song it will show that it is playing for half a second and then just skip to another song.

The reason I am unable to change networks is due to the fact my computer exclusively uses ethernet, with no wifi chip in it

I am having the same issues, my local files show up but they can’t play on my phone

67FE0320-B9F3-482A-8465-B042375A9D00.png

Bump, I am still experiencing the same issues

Bump as well, still having these issues

Marked as solution

Alright quick update,  I may have found a solution. I uploaded the files to an audio editor and exported them with little to no changes, and they seem to work now. I guess try it again

Thank you so much, you were more help than anything

Suggested posts