Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files and ensuring they stay downloaded on iPhone.

Local files and ensuring they stay downloaded on iPhone.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 11

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I wanted to ensure any local files I have downloaded from my desktop to my device stay there now and are not made unavailable (greyed out).

The reason I ask, I had a folder made up on my laptop for local files to transfer easily to my device. I’ve since emptied that folder on my laptop and saved it to a portable hard drive to save space on my laptop. I’ve made a folder on my portable hard drive to make it easy to know what songs are there that are also on Spotify so all those songs I have moved from the laptop are now there. I’ve also kept the folder on my laptop to enable it so as I can put any more local files I wish to transfer into Spotify there as I have that set up as the path that Spotify searches for local files.

So, I just want to make sure that all those songs now transferred from laptop to portable hardrive do not get greyed out - that is, they STAY on Spotify as there are many and they are there at the moment.

anything I need to do or have switched on to ensure they stay this way (saved on my iPhone)?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies

I've deleted my local files before and they were still showing just fine on my phone after I had transferred them.

You can literally do a test with a playlist with 3-4 songs in it if you really wanna make sure though, it's only gonna take you 2 minutes to test out.

Thanks for that.

If the laptop and the iPhone are connecting through the same wifi connection could this cause the phone to lose the songs (grey them out) and mean they won’t come back again?

If so, is there a way around this and what setting for playback should I have the iPhone in?

Thanks again 🙏🏻

Suggested posts