Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files displayed as synced, won't play

Local files displayed as synced, won't play

I have local files in my desktop Spotify. Every time I restore/change my phone I have to do a bunch of things to get them transferred to my iOS Spotify.

This particular time, Local files show as "Pending" in the desktop app, no activity is going on. In the iOS app, Local Files playist has no green arrow but all the files inside do have a green arrow next to them. If I try to play any track - Spotify pops up the Track view with "--" for time and no scrubber and nothing happens.

35 Replies

Thanks, it's much appreciated.  Really hope they can find out whatever's causing this.

This error happened again with the latest update.  I'm fairly convinced now that nothing will be done about this bug and I am out of luck.  How disappointing.  I now dread every time I see a new Spotify update as it means hours more of syncing.

@grunzen 

The developers are still looking into the bug that is causing local fiels to unsync after an update.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for the update.  But I still don't understand why it isn't at least confirmed as a bug after a month and a half.  Where I work a bug with this level of impact would be at least a severity 3 (maybe 2) ticket and fixed in a matter of days, not months.

@grunzen 

I haven't heard any info recently from the developers I talked to, so I have no idea if it's confirmed or not.

They are looking into it though.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I can't sync anymore files from my computer to iphone 6+.

Never had this issue.

What is going on?

@MattSuda 

Just I've updated the ios app and this issue has come again: any of  the local files can't be played. So it's not solved yet and it should be confirmes by Spotify developers as a bug. 

Also on this topic, since I updated my Spotify desktop client PC. When I add local files I cant edit the details.

I am putting this here because it won't allow me to start a new topic, and this is the topic most closely related.

There are two issues with the latest update to Spotify:

1) almost all of my local files dissapeared.  Spotify can no longer find any of my local files aside from some really outdated playlists from 4 versions of itunes ago.

2) free version of SPOTIFY now PLAYS ADDS when I'm listening to MY OWN local files that I have paid for.  This is idiotic.  I understand playing adds on albums that I don't own or are listening to for free, but to play adds on my own music?  That's rediculous.  My time with spotify is coming ot an end.

Similar problems here, I have a case open for this.

Desktopversion: 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd

Androidversion: 2.3.0.828

1. If I dont edit the local file from its storage location, Spotify wont find it. I must now add artist and songname under Properties - Information, didnt have before (see nr 3) (Desktop)

2. Some local files works, some not. (Android)

3. See st3v3ns problem

Same issue here.

This may, or may not fix your problem. 

My problem started occuring after an update; my local files were added, text were white, but they would not play. I fixed by it by going to 

edit --> preferences

scroll down to local files

click "add a source"

and I added the folder that the file was in.

Now those songs work for me. 

However, I still can't right click on an MP3 anddo "open with spotify" anymore

Same problem here.

The local songs had no problem whatsoever playing on my iphone 6 yesterday.

Today I got a new iphone 6, which I restored with my previous iphones backup and voila - this problem.

Everythings the same version - spotify, iOS, the works.

This leads me to believe that its directly connected to phones that are restored from backups, however this might just be my specific problem and there may be more bugs that lead to the same issue. 

This is however extremely annoying and makes every other issue with spotify appear much clearer. I really hope this will be fixed soon as I'll have to find another way to listen to music otherwise..

Cheers,

cda

what a LAD!

I did this and it worked, just go to your desktop, settings and click the button to show songs from local files, then i deleted and reinstalled spotify on my phone and i got all of them to work, you have to redownload all your music but meh!! I Should mention i lost my local songs on my phone when i backed up my old iphone 4 (on which the songs worked fine) to a new iphone 5S, so i think its a translation problem with backing up the phone, its possible just reinstalling spotify solves the problem

I actually just figured out a way that doesn't require deleting the entire Spotify Application, which could waste a lot of time to redownload. Simply go to your "Local Files" playlist, delete the songs that aren't working from the ... menu in the top right, then restart Spotify on your computer. When you reopen the application on your computer, it will start automatically downloading the files to "Local Files" and to the playlists that weren't working. Hope this helps somebody else!

Suggested posts