Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8+

Operating System

iOS 11.4

My Question or Issue

I have over 1,000 local files saved on my iPhone via Spotify.  Previously whenever I searched for a song, it would show me all of the local files (if applicable) and then the Spotify results.  Now it just shows me the Spotify results and does not display the local files.  The local songs are still on my phone, and I can play them by going to specific playlists in which they are located.  However, I cannot do a global search for them anymore.

3 Replies

Hey @hoograd88, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

I'd recommend updating to the latest iOS version which is 11.4.1 and if there are any pending updates for Spotify please go ahead and install them 🙂

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hello,
Were you able to solve this issue, I'm having the same problem here.
I can only search through the playlists of local files but not from the regular search icon, this is very annoying
Thanks!

Hey @nicoxy4,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

You can start off by restarting the device. Then you can log out and log back in again. If that doesn't help, you can give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not leading to any issues.

If the option Show unavailable songs in playlists is turned off, you can turn it on.

Does this happen on another device? That way we can check if it's a device-related issue.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts