Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files not downloading on iPhone 8

Local files not downloading on iPhone 8

I've had this same exact issue so many times and i've been able to fix it and get it to work every single time before. 

But this time it's different and no matter what options I try, my local files from my desktop will not download onto my iPhone 8. I have the latest Spotify app on my phone and desktop and the local files I wish to sync are in a playlist on desktop. On mobile, as usual, I've tried downloading the playlist when my computer was also open with Spotify and when we're connected to the same wifi. And it just has the download sign greyed out and it keeps doing this no matter how many times I remove download. I've closed out of the app on mobile and desktop to no avail**bleep** will not work and I'm **bleep**ing **bleep** considering every other time it has worked fine after looking up solutions on this forum so i don't get why it won't **bleep** today. I'm using a different wifi than at home but it still hasn't blocked downloads before. Seriously, why do I pay $4.99 a month to put up with this every time? 

5 Replies

Hey @_py-0avqq65fa.

Have you tried the solution suggested here?

Let us know how it goes. If you're still having the same issue, we'll be right here 🙂

Take care,

P

Yes, I tried that with a different folder and everything and it won't work. I don't get why it's worked every single other time but this time it won't. I also don't get why you can't fix this glitch and have this work normally. 

Also, why is autoplay suddenly turned off on my desktop app? I literally haven't gone into settings in the past few weeks and all of a sudden autoplay is turned off now and there's no option in settings to turn it back on. I can't find anything about autoplay besides "crossfade" in my settings anymore! When I finish an album and I'm busy with something I don't want complete silence and it doesn't even bring up a radio. 

Seriously Spotify, fix your**bleep**. 

Hey @_py-0avqq65fa,

We want to make sure that we help you out as much as we can. If possible, can you try with connecting both your devices to the same mobile hotspot and see if that works better? 

If not, try reinstalling both apps, clearing the cache as well. 

If that doesn't work, please get back to us with a screenshot of how it looks for you. You still don't have the option of even downloading them, or does it simply get stuck?

Regarding the Autoplay feature, this is currently being investigated. Please make sure to have your app up-to-date to make sure that you get the latest fixes. 

Thanks!

I'll do the hotspot thing tomorrow afternoon.

As for autoplay, it's perfectly normal on my phone's app, which is up-to-date.

As for desktop, I've updated it to the newest update today and autoplay is still off. There is no option in Settings to turn it on or off and the only thing related to autoplay is crossfade. This is really annoying when doing work, chilling, or working out because I need at least something in the background. Not just silence. 

I can't even get functional internet with hotspots and it's still having the same exact issues. It's greyed out when i press download. I can tell it to download and all it does it just put a grey "downloaded" thing next to the number of songs. Same wifi that has internet, still not doing anything. 

Suggested posts