Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files play different version on iPhone?

Local files play different version on iPhone?

I own a some live shows (local files) that when synced with my iPhone, play a different version (album version) on my iPhone. In other words, I can play the exact same song title (which shows the date of the live show) on both the desktop and iPhone...and the iPhone plays the album version. Help? 

3 Replies

So you're saying that the version you have saved locally isn't playing?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

No - the local versions play just fine on the PC. And most of the files play just fine on the iPhone...most. 

It's when they're synced to my iPhone that some of the files would play a song by the same name, but a different version! In the case of the attached iPhone screenshot, the last song "Unthought Known" would play the album version, not the version from the Dallas show. 

Even stranger...you'll note that "Lukin" and "Not for You" have different song titles indicating that they're from "Live in Seattle" or "Folk Arts Theater..." but they're also tagged from the Dallas show...and I know uneqivocally that all the files in that local directory and in that playlist are indeed from the Dallas show. 

To go even further...those mislabeled song titles actually play the Dallas files...which are the ones you'd expect would be messed up. 

I did make some progress on this last night by moving the files to a different directory on my hard drive. They were stored in a Dropbox folder. And yet, strangely...the file names are still jacked up, the album art is from different collections...but they do play properly on the iPhone. 

IMG_1380.PNG

That's really odd.  I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts