Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files still hijack the lockscreen

Solved!

Local files still hijack the lockscreen

This has been a bug for an insanely long time, and I can't believe that it's still a problem:

• Play a local file on your iOS client.
  • Pause the track.
  • Lock the screen.
  • Marvel at how song information is still displayed on the lockscreen, with the playback marker all the way on the right, the time remaining in the track displaying as 0:00
  • Feel your phone heat up and watch that battery drain.

This has been an issue for as long as Spotify has been on iOS, and it hasn't been addressed in 2.0. How hasn't this been fixed yet? Can the client not fully or correctly pause a local file synced to your phone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Version 2.1 just came out. Can you see if you still have this problem in the new update?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

This also happens if you pause music on the lock screen. In either case, you cannot resume music when this happens. The Pause button does not turn into a Play button, and pressing it will not resume the music. The only way to get music playing again is to change the song.

This should be fixed in the next update. When it comes out, try it and see if you still have problems. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Version 2.1 just came out. Can you see if you still have this problem in the new update?

MattSudaSpotify Star

I will as soon as I can. I'm having a bit of trouble getting the desktop to even see my phone to sync local files right now. I'll update whenever that changes.

Finally got to check this out and it all seems squared away! This has been a bug forever, so I'm glad it was finally addressed.

Great! Glad to hear it! 😃

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts