Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files won't sync iPhone

Local files won't sync iPhone

I have 2 PC's. That's also 2 diferents Wifi connections i 2 cities. Once I wanted to sync my local songs from PC nº1 to my iPhone. It worked well but the problem goes when I changed my mind and decided to sync local songs from PC nº2 to my iPhone. It simply doesn't work, I slip the 'Available Offline' option from No to Yes in my Local Files menu, but then I go to the main menu of Spotify and nothing happens. Then Local Files' menu appear 'No' Available Offline.

Why could it be?

11 Replies

I have a similar problem. I just got a new iPhone 4GS and when I tried to sync my playlist it refuses to sync my local files. The rest of the playlist works fine but not the local files. But it did work like a week ago on my old iphone.

I tried reboot the phone, turn of the firewall and so on but it just wont work.

Yup, I have iphone 4S too.I'm a bit worried about it

I have now tried to uninstall Spotify, turn of the phone and then reinstall. It worked and now my local files are synced. I hope this will work for you.

You mean to uninstall Spotify from your iPhone or Computer? But... will then ALL playlists have to sync one again?

I have loads of songs... heheh

▶ OK, I've found a solution, at least it worked for me.

▶ So here's what I've done: uninstall the app form the iPhone, restart the device, download again the app and sync again your playslist. It's better if you start syncing ONLY the local files, so you can check in real time if it works.

▶ Kudos for me?

http://enriquepercal.tumblr.com 

Q Spotify.jpg

Uninstall from your iPhone.

You'll have resync everything. A tips is to put just a few local files in a seperate playlist and sync that one first, that way you know if it will work or not.

So uninstall from iPhone. Turn it on and off. Reinstall it on iphone again and then try to sync. That's how it worked for me. I hope it helps.

@2tall wrote:

Uninstall from your iPhone.

You'll have resync everything. A tips is to put just a few local files in a seperate playlist and sync that one first, that way you know if it will work or not.

So uninstall from iPhone. Turn it on and off. Reinstall it on iphone again and then try to sync. That's how it worked for me. I hope it helps.

▶ Yeah, that's what I said

It won't work for me. I tried uninstalling Spotify from my phone, turned it off and on and then reinstalled it. My Local files still won't sync. I have an IPhone 4S.

I just realized by problem and fixed it!

First let me say that my iPhone is connected to my hp and they're both running on the same wifi.

Now, on the left side bar under MAIN, it says Devices and under that is iPhone. I clicked on it and on this page all my problems were fixed!

I realized my iPhone and spotify were never really synced together even though the spotify app shows all my songs. makes sense because my local files wouldn't sync. So go to this page and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Hope this helps!

Here are some simple methods when iPhone won’t sync.

Hope they help.

I've tried reinstalling Spotify on both my PC, iPad and iPhone, and syncing on three different networks with and without passwords.

I right click the playlist and say "Available offline"... All of the files from Spotify sync to my device, but not a single one of my local files does.

This is beyond frustrating as I have paid for a year of Spotify, the selection is poor and I can't even sync my own music. I work as a programmer and usually have no problem figuring these things out on my own.

It seems like this is a very common problem and until it's resolved I can't recomend Spotify.

Suggested posts