Premium Student

Country

USA

Device

Iphone XS

Operating System

IOS 13.3

My Question or Issue

Ive enabled local files on spotify on my computer. Ive added them to a playlist. Im on the same local internet.I have also tried connecting to my phones hotspot. i can play the song on my computer and it will play on my iPhone. However none of the songs will show up in the playlist on my phone. The farthest Ive gotten is getting this message. The issue is there's no offline sync anywhere in my spotifuggle app on my computer both from the Microsoft store or downloaded from spotifys website.

IMG_0776.PNG
Spotify image.png
44 Replies
Highlighted

Local files won't play on my new iphone

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

My local files say that they are downloaded on my iphone, but whenever i try to play them they just stop whatever music I had playing. Do I have to delete and re-add all of my local files? I've tried redownloading them for offline use on my phone but to no avail. What do I have to do to fix the issue?

Highlighted

Re: Local files won't play on my new iphone

Casual Listener

I have the same problem. Just got the new 11 yesterday and my local files won't play any more :C

Highlighted

Re: Local files wont appear on Iphone

Composer

They don't show because your have hide unplayable songs enabled in your iOS app settings. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have those files enabled in settings thats how im getting the message to appear. Step 3 is nowhere to be found on either device

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This solution worked for me. 

My App version is 8.5.34.644

On your iPhone Spotify App, go to settings >>    Playback >> and disable Hide Unplayable Songs 

go to the playlist where your Local files are and hit the download.

hopefully this helps. 🙂

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Lol. I commented yesterday because I was so excited when it showed in my phone and thought to share it.

Just an update.

i’ve been downloading my local files on my phone since yesterday, but still grayed out. its sync on my computer, i tried everything that I can. Followed the instruction/solution that I found on this community but none of it worked.

did it worked for you? Can you play your local files on your phone?

F6234C1D-EABE-4450-9DF5-2DB486BCC584.png
Highlighted

Local files not showing up

Visitor

I did all the steps that were mentioned in other posts (same wifi, make a new playlist, download the playlist), but my local files still won’t show up on my iphone. The playlist will be there but the songs won’t show up (not even grayed out). 

Highlighted

Re: Local files not showing up

Composer

Do you have Hide unplayable songs enabled in settings?

Highlighted

Local Files wont Download to phone

Visitor

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 7 plus

Operating System

Windows 10

so the "local files" music isnt downloading from my computer to my phone
ive tried everything from the solution of this thread (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Play-quot-local-files-quot-on-my-mobile-device/m-p/80481?_g...) and everything from the solution of this thread (https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Local-file-appears-but-won-t-download/m-p/1575913) including Jacob's fix, but it just wont work.
im connected to my dads computer through icloud or something, i dont even know, the files he downloads shows up on my computer, and vice versa. could this be helping cause the problem???
the music shows up just fine on my desktop, it just wont appear on my phone at all.

SUGGESTED POSTS