Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local tracks not syncing

Local tracks not syncing

I've been unable to get my local tracks to sync to my iPhone 4S. I've gone through every help thread and forum posts to no avail. Local files show up in playlists but are greyed out and won't play.

I've tried:

• Uninstalling/reinstalling Spotify from my phone and resyncing
  • Using a cable
  • Using wifi
  • Signing in and out of my account on my laptop and on my phone
  • Restarting my computer
  • Restarting my phone

Spotify will not recognize my phone in the "Devices" menu. iTunes has no problems with it. 

Any help would be appreciated

Edit: Also, I'm syncing with a Macbook Pro 

7 Replies

Bump

Idk if it really helps, I also have my phone attached to the computer with USB cable when i synchronize the files? I also always start my spotify on the computer before i start it on my phone but i guess that's kinda irrelevant?

I'd like to bump into this!

I've had a slight problem with synching my local files + making them play offline. So the thing is that my computer usually synchronizes songs perfectly but NOW i've came across with a problem that Spotify won't even show those "arrow" symbols on some local songs. They are added to playlists that have been made available offline. I have iPhone 4S + macbook. So the problem is just some random tracks that won't even show the "offline" symbol, neither in gray or green.

What to do? I'm leaving to LA tomorrow and I'd very much like to have my fave songs on :O!

Sounds like you and I are having similar problems. I've tried opening the app on my phone and laptop in both orders (phone first and laptop first โ€“ including logging out completely) and haven't had any positive results. 

Bump

Bump

I'm having the same problem,
i have an iPhone 6 and a MacBook Air running Yosemite.

I have the iPhone connected by USB and also the iPhone and MacBook are both connected to the same WiFi network.
I read most of the 30+ page thread that already exists but non of the solutions worked for me.

I don't have a firewall active, I tried creating a network on my MacBook and connecting the iPhone to it, I tried creating a personal hotspot on the iPhone and connecting the MacBook with it.

I'd really appreciate if somebody can help

Bump

Suggested posts