Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 12.1.3

I’ve had local files on my phone playlist before but when I switch phones recently I couldn’t get them to appear on my playlists. I’ve downloaded them onto my phone via iTunes and I’ve added them into my playlists on my PC. Both my PC and iPhone are on the same WiFi when I am doing this. The songs that I have purchased through iTunes will appear and play on my phone but the other mp3 files I have will only appear and play on my playslists on my PC. I’ve search through my playlists on my phone and it doesn’t even show the song. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

3 Replies

Hey @bear426,

Thanks for coming to the Community! 

If you're having trouble synchronizing the tracks between devices, try using mobile hotspot to connect the devices to the same network. If there are too many local files, try with just a few, create a test playlist 🙂 

Let us know if that works!

Take care.

Hello,

I tried the hotspot on my phone and the song still will not appear on my phone, however, it appears and plays on the playlist on my PC. Not sure what i can do from here.

Hey @bear426.

Spotify supports the following file types: 

• .mp3
  • .m4p (unless it contains video)
  • .mp4 (if QuickTime is installed on your computer)

The iTunes lossless format (M4A) is not supported. And files or downloads from illegal sources are not permitted.

If you've checked this but it's still not working, try the following steps to reinitialize the whole setup:

1. Unplug the router from the power
  2. Delete Spotify on your computer from the Control Panel
  3. Press the Windows logo + R on your keyboard and type  %appdata% A few folders will appear. Delete the Spotify folder
  4. Go back one folder
  5. Open each folder and delete the Spotify folder (if present)
  6. Go back and open Local, here you may also delete Spotify
  7. Reboot your computer
  8. Turn off the iPhone and wait 2 minutes.
  9. Turn the iPhone back on
  10. Plug the router back into the power
  11. Make sure both your computer and mobile phone are connected to the same network
  12. Install Spotify on your computer and mobile phone
  13. Make sure your local files are in a folder on your local hard drive. So not in a cloud or secondary hard drive
  14. Check the settings of Spotify and make sure that the location with local files is selected as a source for local files
  15. Create a new playlist with local files only
  16. Open Spotify on the iPhone (or re-open if already open) and check if the newly created playlist is there, if yes, click the button to sync for Offline use
  17. Songs should be syncing for Offline use. Try not to let the screen of your iPhone dim when you are syncing the songs.

Hope it will work! Let us know if it didn't or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts