Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lockscreen on iOS 11.0.3

Lockscreen on iOS 11.0.3

I recently updated to iOS 11.0.3 and now my spotify won’t show up on the lockscreen, yet my apple music does.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Does Apple/Spotify know about this issue?

13 Replies

Hi,

It is not showing on the lockscreen when it is actively playing?

I have this problem too, in my case I can’t even put in shuffle my music and the now playing bar doesn’t show up

Yes exactly the same problem here since ios 11.0! In addition once I push the play button in the lockscreen widget it starts apple music. Plus volume control is not working. 

Ive read already some more posts about it and some people will tell you that it is solved by restarting. It will solve it for a while but not permanently. 

I wonder if it is an ios or spotify app issue. Apple nor spotify has posted an answer yet. 

Same problem.
The remote juste doesn't work at all on locked screen.

Yeah it's an ios 11 bug, spotify is not the fault. Try scrolling up to get the control centre or scroll right for the notifications. That did it for me.

I was on the phone with Apple the guy suggested to shut my phone off from the settings. After turning it back on it fixed my problem!

Yeah restart worked for me too so far 

Everyone try this; worked perfect for the controls and lock screen, as well as sound adjustment while locked.

thanks!

I tried that and it didn’t work, do you know how to contact Spotify?

Hi, what do you mean by "turn my phone off from the settings"? I've tried restarting my phone (iPhone 6S) but that didn't solve the issue. By the way, the problem applies to other sound apps too, i.e. the Podcast app.

Yes this works, thankyou!

Go to settings, General, then at the bottom is the "shut down" option. Press that, then just turn it back on again.  Hopfully works for you too!

I tried your advice, but still doesn’t work 😞 So you think this is the iOs version updates problem, not Spotify? I guess i have to contact Apple support then...

Suggested posts