Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Losing all my offline playlists on iPhone 5

Losing all my offline playlists on iPhone 5

Everytime my battery runs out and my phone switches itself off when I turn it back on the Spotify App has logged out and I loose all of my offline playlists other than the local files.

I have tried logging in with my username and password rather than facebook log in but the same thing happens.

This is obviously frustraiting as it means I have to resync the majority of my songs and i'm worried ill lose all my music if i'm away and unable to get internet access.

I have also removed the app and reinstalled it a couple of times but the same thing happens!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

48 Replies

Me too. It's very annoying because we need to wait for a fast wi-fi connection to get the synched songs again.

Please, fix this.

Thanks

Hey guys, this sounds really similar to this issue here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Losing-all-my-offline-playlists-on-i...

I'm going to try and report it to the Spotify team internally so they can get a handle on this apparent bug. The thing is my phone has died and been turned off plenty of times and I've never experienced this issue.

What if it is jailbroken?

Doesn't delete the playlist anymore, problem resolved. Just apple the issue is with

When I log on to Spotify on my lap top MOST of my song list is there - not useful as I don't listen to songs on my laptop just on my phone... frustratingly enough NONE of the songs are showing  on my iphone! I have saved my original list of songs in an Excel Documents as URL links but there are too many to add one at at time this is very annoying as I was about to buy premium vs but not so sure now...

This has happened to me repeatedly and will only be getting worse when winter comes around and my battery has a harder time holding a charge.  It happens when the phone is either hard reset or runs out of battery and just dies without shutting down.  I have over 2000 songs synced in offline mode and this is getting a little old...

iPhone - 4S

iOS Version - 7.1.2

Spotify Version - 1.5.0.2728

Please advise

Small Edit - After losing all of the songs on the app, the internal memory used on my phone stays the same, so the cache is still holding all of the songs, but must be redownloaded after this happens.  I have tried deleting the app to clear the cache and resetting the phone - redownloading the app and songs, but this glitch still continues to happen.

Due to the continued reports of this issue, I have opened a bugs topic for it here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/iOS-Offline-Playlists-Lost-on-Dead-Battery/td-p/905271

I'm going to lock this topic for now, lets continue the discussion over on the bugs topic!

Thanks for taking the time to report this guys!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey guys! If you're still experiencing this please fill in the template below--we're reporting this to the right teams as we speak: 

Description

Replace this with a short description of the issue you're experiencing.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. First I did this

2. Then I did that

3. I also did this

4. then this

5. then this

6. and finally, this

What I expected to happen

This is what I expected to happen

What actually happened

This is what happened instead.

My iPad/iPhone model

Eg. iPhone 3G, iPhone 4S, The New iPad, etc.

Device’s Operating System

E.g. 3.1.1, 4.1,5.1.1, 6.0.1, etc.

Is your device jailbroken?

If you don’t know what this means you can probably answer “No”

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

I.e. fewer than 10 or more than 200

Please also include how many, more or less, of those playlists are synced for offline use

My mobile Spotify version

E.g. 0.8.4.

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

E.g. 0.8.4.

My provider and country

Eg. AT&T, US; or Telia, Sweden

Hey guys, is anyone having this issue on the lastest Spotify iOS version (1.8.0)?

If not we'll go ahead and close this thread. Thanks for letting us know!

Suggested posts