Lost Playlists

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Lost Playlists

Community Legend

@optimusmac Have you tried logging out and back in, taking care to use the correct credentials?

Highlighted

All of my playlists are gone! I used spotify on my desktop and I had multiple playlists. I've had it for over a year. I've spent hours and hours searching for music. I love music and spotify was the perfect thing I needed to discover new music. I spent lots of time compiling my playlists, including one that had over two thousand songs!, One for my best friends birthday, and one for my sports team tournament..all of which I needed but are now lost.  My username is Classynew. I used spotify on my computer, then I got wifi so I downloaded it to my ipod. I could see all my playlists but couldn't listen to them obviously, because I wasn't a premium subscriber. I needed more storage on my ipod so I deleted the app for a little while. Then, with the intent of upgrading to premium, I downloaded the app again. but here's the catch: all my playlists were gone!! I tried to get on my desktop to see if they were there, but spotify wouldn't open (I think it was trying to update) then now every time I try to open it it just says "can't find file spotify.exe would you like to search for it?" I tried to go to the recover playlists tab on your site but it just has the ones that I actually deleted on purpose, not the ones that have dissappeared. I am specifically upset because my playlist Drake had over 2,000 songs on it that I spent days and hours and all of my free time searching for music to add and eventually buy. I decided I should get premium so I can listen to the songs on my ipod, but now my playlists are gone so there is no point. I currently redownloading spotify to my desktop in hope that the playlists will show up. I am now missing OVER 2,000 SONGS. Please help get them back?

Highlighted

Community Legend

If you sign into the web player @Classynew can you see those playlists? 

https://play.spotify.com/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
So, i use spotify for a long time, i had a lot of playlists and aplications, some followers and i was following some friends, today i login and... 0 playlists, 0 apps, 0 followers, 0 following.. like a new account. why? 
Highlighted

Community Legend

It sounds like you have logged in with the wrong credentials. Try logging out and back in making sure you use whichever is appropriate - a spotify username or your facebook email address.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

ive tried that, i always logged with my email and password, thats what i do to log in :X

Highlighted

Community Legend

In that case, all I can suggest is that you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify will help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Highlighted

I logged into spotify on a friend's computer about a week ago to try and access my playlists, but couldn't find them, so logged out again. Now all my playlists have disappeared from my computer as well. PLEASE HELP ASAP!!

Highlighted

Community Legend

Do you log in with facebook or a username? I'm just wondering if you may have accidentally connected your accout to your friends facebook account. Try the steps here to see if everything comes back

Highlighted

I logged onto a diff phone to play my spotify then back to my ususal phone and now all my playlists/starred music is gone!

I was signing in via Facebook as well.

Pleas help me recover all those playlists!!

Thanks!

SUGGESTED POSTS