Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost all downloaded songs

Lost all downloaded songs

I have gone on holiday to a remote location for 8 days of relaxing. Cell reception is non-existent other than 1, maybe 2 bars right at the end of the jetty. I’m on day 2 and have been listening to my large library of downloaded songs across a few different playlists.

Knowing there is no service at the house, I have been keeping my phone in aeroplane mode unless I come down to the jetty to send and receive messages.

After coming down to the jetty to message home briefly while playing music, I went back up to the house to continue reading with my music and after 10 minutes, I notice one song just keeps repeating. I check Spotify to find all of my downloads other than that one song are now no longer downloaded, including local files.

There is no way of re-downloading the files given I’m in the middle of nowhere with patchy 3G at best. It usually takes a few hours connected to my home fibre network to download all my usual playlists whenever Spotify decides to do weird stuff like this.

Now I’m left with no music for 6 days when these things should just work! I admit, it’s not the end of the world, but it’s super annoying!

3 Replies

Hey @mark_bridgwater

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

If your Spotify downloads disappeared it's possible that you've encountered an ongoing issue that our team is currently investigating. We recommend checking out this thread and adding your vote by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe in the three-dots menu at the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

this problem has been on for 5-7 years. Pls Spotify fix it. I have been having this issue so many times. Have probably had to download my Spotify offline songs 70 times. I am never off WiFi longer than a few days. Why Spotify is not able to verify that all is good and keep my song offline?

Hey @freychr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

Downloaded songs will be stored on your device for 30 days before you need to resync them going online. When listening to downloaded tracks, we'd recommend using the Offline mode instead of using the airplane mode of your device. This is to prevent the app to try going online to resyncing the tracks.

However, if the songs need to be redownloaded in less than 30 days, it's possible that the cache stored became corrupted interfering with the proper performance of the app. For this, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing the resync trouble.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts