Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Luanch using Siri

Solved!

Luanch using Siri

Has anyone had any success with this since the ios upgrade. It can't understand what i mean when i say spotify.

thanks

kcn

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have the same problem. If I say "launch Spotify" Siri never gets it right. Somethimes it thinks I said "launch spotty five" (and actually starts the Demand Five app!) and sometimes it thinks I said "launch spotty fly" (and doesn't launch anything).

I have actually been able to get Siri to start Spotify, but only by saying "launch spot" - and I suspect that this only works because I don't have any other apps on my iPad with a name which contains Spot.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey!

We sure have - 

photo (5).PNG

Here's a little tip though. Rather than holding down the home button, I found that Siri understands me a little better when holding up the phone to my ear. You should hear the Siri beep, and you can make your demands here. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks for the swift response. I only ever try and use this when hands free in the car so bringing it to my ear isn't an option.

any idea how to set a more understandable word to link spotify to siri?

i wonder if my accent causes the confusion !-/

Marked as solution

I have the same problem. If I say "launch Spotify" Siri never gets it right. Somethimes it thinks I said "launch spotty five" (and actually starts the Demand Five app!) and sometimes it thinks I said "launch spotty fly" (and doesn't launch anything).

I have actually been able to get Siri to start Spotify, but only by saying "launch spot" - and I suspect that this only works because I don't have any other apps on my iPad with a name which contains Spot.

Thanks. Saying spot actually works! Just need to work out how to get it to start playing the music now.

The odd thing is that, if I have a contact called Spotify, "show me Spotify" is recognised and shows me the contact as expected but if I say "launch Spotify" or "open Spotify" it still thinks I said "spotty five" or "spotty fly".

You can actually control Spotify music hands-free with new music app Vela player for iPhone.   Through voice control.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vela-player/id571339630?mt=8

or

www.velaapp.com 

Thanks for the suggestion. Just tried it in the quiet of my room and it got every request wrong. Tried it on loads of different requests and not one was correct!

next.

Surprised at the comment that Vela doesn't work "in a quiet room" and got every request wrong.  I use Vela now in my car w/ all the noise that comes from driving in LA and with my kid in the back.  It gets most requests RIGHT!

Not perfect, but better than nothing...

1. Tell Siri to send a text message to (603) 821-4328 (you can enter this number in your phone as something like "Spotify" to make it easier).
  2. Say the artist name (and nothing else) and send that text message.
  3. Wait a couple seconds and you'll get a text message with a link to open the artist in Spotify.

Source: Lifehacker Ask Siri to Play Artists on Spotify, No Jailbreak Required

Suggested posts