NEXT STEP

Lyrics Disappeared

Lyrics Disappeared

PlanPremium

Country Canada

Device

(iPhone 8 plus 

My Question or Issue

Hi Sportify Team! I really enjoyed the lyrics feature; however, it didn’t last long - I haven’t been able to access it for about three weeks. The lyrics button just disappeared.

Thank you in advance,

Tamara

6 Replies

Hey there @tamynya!

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this.

Our lyrics test has now ended in Canada. We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. Click here to learn more about Spotify tests.

If you'd like to see the feature come back you can create an idea for that with the steps here.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena,

Thank you so much for your detailed response! I hope that the Lyrics feature will be implemented on the permanent basis. In the meantime, I will make sure to check the ideas section. 

Best,

Tamara

Stop with your idea proposal It doesn't make things go forward in any way and took several years to be heard plus y'all know we all want lyrics in Canada too. That's just plain ridiculous. Even Instagram has lyrics and it's not a music app. I'm on Apple music free trial right now and I will probably just go ahead and make the switch if the lyrics doesn't comes back before the end of my trial. Your Genius lyrics system never been close to be interesting.

Elena,
With all my respect, that’s a very generic answer. As a premium user, I don’t wanna pay for a service that do testing sessions using my data, my device, etc without any permission. Other regions already have lyrics enabled. Why Canada has to wait longer?
Regards,
Le

We had lyrics in Spain some months ago and now is gone. So, come back to Musixmatch, in fact they were using it for the lyrics

Hi! Thank you for your response.

Sportify did it a few times now - they’d introduce the lyrics feature, and
then would scrape them. I cancelled my Sportify membership and got Apple
Music. I find the lyrics feature very helpful when learning a foreign
language.

Suggested posts