Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Lyrics not showing

Lyrics not showing

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 15.0.2

Spotify 8.6.80.1180

My Question or Issue

Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Emptied the cache about 25 times and deleted/redownloaded the app and rebooted my phone that many times. Pretty sure the problem here is Spotify. Not even on my PC does your "update" shows up, and yet my roommate has the lyrics feature working just fine. What is this ? Seems like there's always problems with Spotify.

Edit : I meant except me. But also expect me. I'm not happy about this.

877 Replies

I am convinced more than ever that they don’t know how to fix this. I actually emailed them and requested they not respond if they can’t tell me anything different than they have the last 7-8 times, and they haven’t responded.

Hi 👋 has this been resolved?
i think the issue is long overdue..

There isn't really a fix, the only thing we are told to do is wait. 2-3 people got the lyrics just by waiting, but the rest of us still don't have it 😕

Here's how ridiculous the issue is right now,

I contacted support many times. Out of the many conversations we had, I was told to:

Wait 2-3 business days - not fixed

Wait another 2-3 days - not fixed

Wait a few days - not fixed

Now I'm told to wait 5-7 business days but I'm almost certain how it's gonna go so I even prepared my message that I'm gonna send support on friday (last day of the 7 business days) in advance because I know I still won't have lyrics by then.

Still having this issue after offload and clean install. 😞 

I modified my birthdate in accounts page and then did a log out/in, then it appeared on Desktop App.

But not on iOS.

Restart the app

Same problem for me. I can see the lyrics on my PC app. But on my mobile there is no such thing.

Guys new version out 8.6.96 !

Thanks for the update. Still no lyrics here. 😕

In addition, the new account I created didn’t have lyrics, had lyrics, currently doesn’t have lyrics.

Now I have no confidence even in a new Spotify account. It’s a mess. I guess it’s just time for me to let it go.

Spotify, it is so hard to quit you! But you are making it easier every day.

My yearly family subscription expired two days ago, and I had myself and my family switch to Apple Music now, where the experience is the same on a global level. They are for sure not perfect, but at least they don't treat customers in a way where some have a feature and others need to wait for months. This is not a customer experience I want to support with my money going forward. It was not easy after so many years, but they disappointed me too often already.

Updated, still no lyrics.

Also, the time frame they gave me for my problem to be fixed is about to expire as well.

I'm getting closer and closer to giving up on spotify and just switching to apple music too...

I have been acclimating myself to AM as well. There are a lot of 3rd party apps out there that will integrate with AM if you aren’t fond of the interface. I am currently trying out Albums because it will let me filter to show only full albums in my library. It doesn’t have playlist support or lyrics (ironic) but I can use it along with AM. The missing Full Album filter has been a pet peeve of mine with Spotify and AM.

Before moving to Apple Music I would go back to the vinil record player.

I know this lyrics debacle is not great, but AM is not what I would ever
consider an alternative.

Hello everyone.

We've again tried to merge all related topics into this one, so that we can keep the information centralized as we have some updates and hope to reach as many of you as possible.

We know it took some time, but the rollout of the lyrics feature should now be fully completed.

However, we are aware that there are some issues with individual accounts that still don't see lyrics, especially on mobile devices. The right folks have been working on a solution, but it will require some account modifications.

If you are still not seeing lyrics on your device (on no tracks at all and have never done so in the past), please reach out to our support team. Have your login email and device info at the ready and the team should be able to get this resolved in a couple of working days after they record your case.

We hope this will help everyone enjoy lyrics to the fullest. Cheers!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, thanks for the update, however, we have been in talks with support for so long now, they keep giving us a time frame like "2-3 days, 5-7 days, a few days" but it never works out. They say that they did some "account modifications" but like I said, the time frames they give never end up with us getting lyrics.

I, for example, had support give me like 4-5 different time frames in different occasions after saying that they did the necessary changes in my account, but I still don't have lyrics. I reached out numerous times.

I reached out on Tuesday to them, after answering several questions, they gave me the time span of 5 to 7 days…

Let’s see 😉

They gave me the same 5-7 days last week but here I am still without lyrics 😄

Thank you for trying to keep everyone together. No offense but your email is telling me the same thing support has been telling me for over 2 months. I have exchanged emails with them so many times they should know by name.

I still have no lyrics and don’t believe it will ever get fixed.

You know, there are probably several of us here who could help them troubleshoot the issue if someone would take the time to talk to us. I know I’ve tried many different things, including setting up a brand new account. There are even weird issues with that. So I can see why they are no longer offering to transfer playlists.

Hi again folks,

Thanks for your prompt responses on our update.

There might've been some delays around the holiday period. It might be best to allow for some time for the fix to take effect, as all requests have to be looked at and actioned manually. Also, the app needs a couple of restarts until it refreshes (weird, but that's how it is), so the best approach would be:

1. Wait around 7-10 working days
  2. Restart the device, then launch the Spotify app
  3. Restart Spotify again and check again

If that's not helping, of course you can get back in touch with the folks from support, but please only after allowing the time to pass and trying the restart steps above.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community and our support team is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts