Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Lyrics not showing

Lyrics not showing

UnclePennywise

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 15.0.2

Spotify 8.6.80.1180

My Question or Issue

Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Emptied the cache about 25 times and deleted/redownloaded the app and rebooted my phone that many times. Pretty sure the problem here is Spotify. Not even on my PC does your "update" shows up, and yet my roommate has the lyrics feature working just fine. What is this ? Seems like there's always problems with Spotify.

Edit : I meant except me. But also expect me. I'm not happy about this.

Top Answer
Kiril

Hello everyone.

We've again tried to merge all related topics into this one, so that we can keep the information centralized as we have some updates and hope to reach as many of you as possible.

We know it took some time, but the rollout of the lyrics feature should now be fully completed.

However, we are aware that there are some issues with individual accounts that still don't see lyrics, especially on mobile devices. The right folks have been working on a solution, but it will require some account modifications.

If you are still not seeing lyrics on your device (on no tracks at all and have never done so in the past), please reach out to our support team. Have your login email and device info at the ready and the team should be able to get this resolved in a couple of working days after they record your case.

We hope this will help everyone enjoy lyrics to the fullest. Cheers!

856 Replies

ampen031420

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XS Max / iPad Air 2

Operating System

iOS 15.1

My Question or Issue

Lyrics on my Spotify are no longer working. I have logged out/back in twice (as suggested by the Troubleshooting thread), done a clean reinstall, changed network connections and made sure my devices are not in Offline Mode. They worked around 4 days ago, but they suddenly stopped sometime between then and now. No amount of repeating the steps to any of those processes is helping. I even logged in on an alternate account and the Lyrics were working, but they didn’t keep working when I logged back into mine.

turxannghzd

What is your device?

juliemart

Same situation! I'm from Germany and I have lyrics on my PC, but not on my iPhone and iPad. Tried everything from logging out to offloading the app. Nothing helps. I'm looking forward to finding a solution for it. 

twentiethavenue

Lyrics STILL not available on mobile after today's update.

Tom1559

Same here, after today’s update (Dec 1) still no lyrics on the phone. Tried most solution proposed in this thread (thank you everyone for sharing what works for you by the way) but yeah still no luck with the lyrics

FYI I’m on premium with single account since 4 years and never changed country. It works on desktop and tv but not phone 

Charlotte232

Galaxy S9

goldy44
Same, but I see they have spent quite a bit of time on that stupid Wrapped Quiz that goes on forever and doesn’t even end with your wrapped playlist.

RGov
Same over here. Unbelievable. Frustrating.

mohamedzz_23

Lyrics doesn’t show in my primary account but it showed in another account i had created

dannyboy11122

Same here, lyrics show on desktop app and web app and tv but not on my iPhone 13 pro and Samsung Tab S6 

galimsky

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Xiaomi Mi10T 

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue
Hi everyone, basically I have lyrics on my 1st account on PC but unfortunately not on my phone(even tho pop up on my android device told me that lyrics are now featured), but I've created a new account today and lyrics magically appeared, so I tried to log back on my main account where I have premium and lyrics still weren't visible. Can someone from spotify support do troubleshooting for my account? its very annoying that I don't have access to lyrics on my premium account(only on phone)

svinopas_hru

Plan

Premium

Country

Russia

Device

iPhone XR 

Operating System

(iOS 15.1, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hello, I don’t see lyrics on my smartphone. Everything on the computer works fine. I tried to log out twice, restart the device, reset the application, change the account’s email, and all I could do was create a new account. Is it possible to create a new account and transfer playlists from the old to the new account?

Suziserbia

As a premium paying customer for years it would be nice to have everyone with an account enjoy this feature.  I have some friends that have it and myself and others that don't and its very frustrating.  How can some customers have it and not all?  This an unfair roll out on Spotify's behalf!

jorikke

Same problem here. Lyrics do work op desktop application but not on my OnePlus9. I did try a lot of tips in this topic but neither of them did work. Interesting: I logged in on the phone of my friend who does have access to lyrics on his phone, but on my account on that very same phone the lyrics didn't show up. Same in the other way: his account on my phone DO show lyrics. 

I can't believe a share-lyrics bug as a minor functionality is regitered as an official ongoing issue while plenty of users here don't have acces to the much bigger main functionality. At least Spotify mods could reply whit a message they actually try to figure it out...

Are a lot of people who do have this problem a "senior-member"? I think I've a subscription from the early years of spotify. Could it be that it doesn't work only for people with quite an old account?

twentiethavenue
I opened my account back in 2017 if I'm not mistaken, don't think it counts as a "senior member" 😕

And yeah, it's so frustrating that this is not even acknowledged as an ongoing issue when in reality it is, people are opening threads about this every single day and all they do is keep merging them.

galimsky

damn whole day passed and still 0 replies 😕

supraph

Same here on my Premium Family main account : everyone in my family has this functionality but for the "main" account (owner of the monthly fees !) it doesn't work on iOS latest version and Spotify 8.6.84.1353 

- Tried to uninstall / restsart / reinstall ==> same problem

- Tried to logout / login 2 times, even 3 or 4 times ==> same problem

- Tried another account of a member of my family ==> it works. So I logged out to reconnect using the main account ==> same problem (no lyrics)

In parallel, lyrics work on web version on PC Win10 & MacOS with the same account (microphone visible in the bottom bar).

I'm going CRAZY !

Spognardi

Plan

premium

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung galaxy s10

Operating System

android 11

one UI 3.1

My Question or Issue

I have lyrics on desktop but absolutely nothing on my android phone. I've tried logging out and back in twice. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I've cleared my data. I've cleared my cache. I've deleted the downloaded songs. I've done a clean reset on the app. I've restarted my phone. Still absolutely nothing. Everything keeps saying the only solution is a new account but I really don't want to lose my history and Spotify stats.

HamzaG

Plan

Premium 

Country

Turkey

Device

(iPhone 11)

Operating System

(iOS 15.1)

My Question or Issue

I can not see lyrics in my main account in Spotify, but in the same device, ı did create a new account (Not premium) to test if the problem is about my device, But in the new account , lyrics worked. I did log in back to my main account again but it is not still working.My spotify app is updated to last version, i did delete the app and downloaded as the community said but it is still same. Help ne please.

batsymu

I've the same issue but on android.

Suggested posts