Premium

Country

Indonesia 

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 13.3

My Question or Issue

The lyrics on my Spotify isn’t working. Tried to reinstall it, but it’s still not working. 

54 Replies

bre7384
Visitor

I have tried reinstalling the app twice, performed a clean reinstall, started a new account to see if lyrics would show (they did not), and logged out & in twice. None of these methods worked. I had the lyric feature months ago when I was still using my friend's account, but haven't had it sincs making my own account. I know it works on my phone and in my country, so why is it no longer working?

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.A

Device

Samsung Galaxy A50

Operating System

Android Version 10

Spotify Version

CarlosE

Hi @bre7384,

Thanks for reaching out.

The Lyrics feature is still being tested, that's why it may be available for some accounts and not for others. At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app other users don't or vice-versa, or get a new feature to try temporarily.

We'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the right folks. In the meantime, keep Spotify updated to make sure you don't miss a thing.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Ludmila4
Visitor

My lyrics are not working as well.

I use Spotify premium version 8.5.86.739, country: Ireland / Device: Iphone 11 pro and software: 14.2.

I’ve already tried to reinstall it twice and also used the clean installation, but still not working. 😩

Alfian_id

Just found that the test account is an account that not use gmail.
Because my account that use an outlook can't show the lyrics and my mom's account with a gmail can do that.
For the record, i have tried to login with my mom's gmail account on my phone and the lyrics was appeared, after that, i login with my outlook account and the lyrics was not showing.
So my conclusion a test account is an account that not use gmail.

Jeremy

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

As mentioned before, at Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features.

This means you might see something on the app your friend/family member doesn’t, or you could get a new feature to try out temporarily.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Christoph_Fer

It's a shame that people around me without a Premium subscription are able to see the lyrics whereas me with a Premium subscription can't see the lyrics. Who makes these dumb decisions at Spotify?

hugoyuji
Regular
they don't even try to do solve this problem lol

GoTigerGo
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

Taiwan

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 14.0.1

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

The lyrics on my Spotify isn’t working. Tried to reinstall it and used clean install, but it’s still not working. 

zedza
Casual Listener

TRY THIS

My Spotify had the same problem (iPhone 7). I've tried many reinstalling and etc but still doesn't work. My brother's iPhone (iPhone 10) have the lyrics, so i try login in his iPhone and the lyric doesn't appear. I ask him to login using his account in my phone and the lyric appeared. Then i tried login again using my account and suddenly the lyrics appears.

So try using someone's account that his/her phone has the lyrics, then try login using your account again.

izzhahafiy
Casual Listener
Thank youuu its working. I do it 2 times and the lyrics appeared

Khalid5
Visitor
It’s working

Fariquelme
Casual Listener

Didnt work for me. Still without lyrics.

adelladw
Visitor

I do this but it still doesn't work out. I tried making a new account and it works.. what's happening with my acc..

clarismy
Visitor

Same issue here! I have the spotify premium and the lyrics arent showing up in my phone. My sister has the lyrics and she's using an Iphone 11, she also uses the Ipad for spotify and both devices has the lyrics. SO I tried logging my spotify acc to the Ipad and no lyrics again :(. However my pc version of spotify does have it! 

My spotify version is : 8.5.80

Phone device : Iphone 7 Plus and Ipad 10th gen

Phone software : IOS 14.1

Screenshot (59).png
Screenshot (61).png

andrreeaa13
Visitor

Yess! this worked thank you so muchhh

salwahanee
Casual Listener

Yeah, same issue.

Elena

Hey @salwahanee,

Thank you for letting us know about this.

This is one of our new features that we’re trying out. We always test possible improvements, so you might not see something your friends do. We appreciate your feedback and we'll make sure your voice is heard.

We're always one reply away if you need us 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

tomasboada1
Casual Listener

Hi, when is this feature going to be available in all devices? I’m eager to try it but it won’t work in my account (IPhone 11).  

Thanks for the help 😞 

D1C40521-425C-4E63-B85A-D9389BBF1B0E.png

Xenia

Hey there @tomasboada1,

Thank you for your post.

In this case we recommend you to log out and in two times to see if that fixes the issue.

Also - would you mind letting us know which Spotify version you have?

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

XeniaModerator
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

tomasboada1
Casual Listener
Didn’t work login in and out two times, and the version I have is
Thanks
SUGGESTED POSTS