Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

MINI doesn't connect to Spotify

Solved!

MINI doesn't connect to Spotify

Hi, today I downloaded the new version of Spotify on my iPhone but when I connected my iOS device to my Mini it said there was an error. I tried reinstaling the app but it doesn't work. I also tried to reinstall Mini Connected and turning off and turning on the iPhone but it still doesn't work. The iPhone connected successfully with the car by Mini connected app, the problem is with Spotify. If anybody knows what to do in this case, please tell me. The next screenshoot shows the error message:

IMG_0115.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is being investigated here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/BMW-integration-with-3-0-0-iOS-app/idc-p/1124458#M58...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I get the same error when the Spotify app is launched from the BMW Connected app. Running latest iOS 8 release on iPhone 6. Also tried deleting both apps, reinstalling, and restarting phone. Integration with BMW now totally broken. When the crash occurs it takes out the BMW Connected app so that needs to be restarted to restore the Connected app interface to the car.

Hi,

with the update to version 3 of the IOS app Spotify broke the whole BMW Car integration (Mini is the same). Thy said, they are already looking into that and everybody has to look for updates.... I hope they will fix this soon and next time take more care and invest more time in testing new releaseses. I am wondering, that nobody tested the BMW Connected Drive integration before releasing the new version.

Marked as solution

This is being investigated here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/BMW-integration-with-3-0-0-iOS-app/idc-p/1124458#M58...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello all,

I've got the same issue... 

then I've removed the spotify app on my Iphone and reinstalled an old version I had on my Itunes account (2.2.0). Now I'm able to listen to the music again.

best regards

Nick

Me too!

Such a shame! i loved the functionality of Spotify integration! It was like a whole new amazing part to my Mini after the firmware update to match my iPhone 6. Now back to the lame bluetooth?

Hope for a solution soon!

Me too! iPhone 6 latest iOS , mini connected and spotify premium. I hope iT Will be solved soon.

Greetz from Holland.

Me too! iPhone 6 Plus latest iOS, mini connected and spotify. 

Greeting from Santiago de Chile.

Suggested posts