Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Made for you disappeared

Made for you disappeared

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iphone x

Operating System

ios12.2

My Question or Issue

About two weeks ago my Made For You deleted from the home page. It is now under the Library tab. Can't seems to get it back. Had Premium for years. Deleted and re-added app. Logged out and In. Tried beta, etc. Any help?

18 Replies

Same here.  IOS v 8.5.2.666.  Deleted and reinstalled, logged out and back in.  There's no longer a "made for you" section on Home, and daily mixes don't show up in my library, even when searching playlists for "Daily."

I see them just fine in the desktop version (mac).  

Yes same here. The desktop apps on windows and Mac work fine.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We're gradually rolling out a new Your Library look to all users on mobile.

To learn more about how your music and podcasts are saved and categorised in the new look, just head here.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if there's anything else.

I have the new look and had the "Made for you" section for weeks before it suddenly dissapeared.  Still can access the playlists through the desktop and web app but it is not there on the ios app

This has also happened to me. "Made for you" has disappeared on iOS 12.3.1. I'm using both an iPad mini and iPad pro. It's still available on my Android phone app. 

When will this be restored?

Made for You has also disappeared on my iPhone and iPad yet remains on my iMac.

Why has this happened, when will it be restored, this is not good enough really!!

Please Spotufy get this fixed.

Hey @incrypto,

Thanks for posting about this.

Do you mind confirming for us the exact Spotify version that your Android device is running?

Could you also send us a screenshot showing us how Made for Your appears in the Android app?

For those of you seeing the Made for You tab in the navigation bar on desktop, we just wanted to confirm that this is expected behaviour. On mobile devices, Made for You has now moved and can be found as a tile under the Search tab.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you have any other concerns 🙂

@Peter, Thank you for the prompt reply, I have been reunited with the Made for You playlists on my iOS devices.

Is this something I should have known or been able to find out for myself, is there a release note I should have read.  It might have saved us both and others some time.

Thank you for your help

Regards

@Peter, Made for you is also showing up for me again this morning. Thanks for restoring it! I use that feature all the time. 

Steve

@Peter, and it's disappeared now again. Frustrating. Do you know why it's not showing consistently?

Thanks,

Steve

Hey @incrypto,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Could you send us a screenshot showing how the Home tab appears for you on your device and also where you would expect to see the Made for You section?

Keep us posted 🙂

"Made for you" is not showing for me on the "Home" tab on iOS

I can find them under "Search" > "Made for you" however the "Daily Mixes" don't have information about which artists are in the mix.

My home screen now shows podcasts exclusively. Which is ridiculous.

Yes, spotify has become my default app for podcasts recently but I want it primarily as a music app.

This is the sort of filter bubble **bleep** that drove me away from using Google News. Just because I'm using spotify to listen to podcasts now doesn't mean I want to listen to podcasts exclusively.

The home screen ought to be configurable by the user not configured self-perpetuating pattern created by an algorithm 

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

@louiss When you open a Daily Mix playlist you can swipe right where the picture of the playlist is. There you can find more information about the artists in the playlist.

@waterbarry It's a good idea to restart the device and then to log out and log back in to the account. If that doesn't do the trick, you can check these steps and run a clean reinstall. 

Does this happen on another device? That way we can see if it's a device-related issue.

If the issue still persists, you can also send us a screenshot of the home tab. We'll investigate this further.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No I think you have rolled this out to me and it's not what I want. It seems to be pushing music that I'm not interested in 

Hey @Borosbar,

Thanks for reaching out.

Just to confirm we're on the same page- you're able to find the Made for you section across your devices, right? If the issue is with the recommendations, could you let us know if your music collection is intact? If your tunes are missing, it's possible you're logged in to a different account. In that case this Spotify Answer might help. 

If that's not the case we recommend that you keep liking and expanding your music library. This way the algorithm learns your preferences faster and with time you'll get recommendation more suitable to your tastes.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator

This is a much more convoluted way to find what’s it’s meant to be personalised playlists to your taste, re: Made for you and Uniquely yours; whereas before it was easy to access and at the top of your homepage.

Hi there @Dulcecielo,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The design of the app changes from time to time as new features are introduced and tested. You can open up those playlists, click the 3-dot menu and then Save to Library. This way they'll appear in Your Library for easier access.

Hope you find this info useful. Cheers.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts