Make a statement on Apple Watch support

Solved!

Make a statement on Apple Watch support

Spielo
Casual Listener

This isn't a request for Apple Watch support, that signal has been sent loud and clear by the community for several years now.

You need to tell us what the plan is. If there's no plan, fine, I'll cancel my Family account and switch to Apple Music. We know that you hired the developer of Snowy back in April (https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch/comments/5tjj9c/spotty_for_spotify_aw_is_now_called_snowy_an/) since then, total silence.

If Apple Watch support is coming, tell us when to expect it. If Apple Watch support isn't coming, tell us and stop pretending that it's still coming.

I really don't want to cancel my subcription, I've been a customer for many years now, and I like Spotify, but Apple Watch support is important to me, and I'm tired of the lack of information. I'm giving up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Good news!

Spotify now supports downloads on Apple Watch. This will be rolling out over the next several weeks.

Check out this Spotify news article for more info:

Enjoy More Ways Than Ever to Use Spotify on Your Apple Watch—Now With Downloads 

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

chetebrown

Ditto - don't want to move but a clear statement on this is needed

Dennis90

I agree. 

I beilive I'll switch to Apple Music due to this...

Gazzi2703
Casual Listener

Yes we need a statement about the apple watch. Waiting since month about a release or an official statement when it could be published!

vintatsh
Visitor

That's what bothers me too. We need an official statement at this point. I feel like since they hired the guy and he apparently is still working on the app they could very well just announce it already even if it'll take some more time. The silence only makes matters worse.

Hikinman

My thoughts exactly.

Looks like there was support via 3rd party app, which was shut down by Spotify. 

Not sure why Spotify would actively choose to both say little, and do nothing.  

If I switch to Apple Music to solve this years long issue, there is no comming back to Spotify, for me at least.

justusgraham

I too have been a longtime customer and I generally hate Apple when it comes to music because of the iTunes horror.  BUT, if spotify doesn't make an apple watch app I'm probably going to jump ship to Apple, which I really don't want to do.  

I agree with the original post: set expectations or people will leave.  

Apple Watch 3 is a watershed moment when the feature set is finally good enough for people to move into the platform en masse.  I can finally take calls and run w/ GPS while listening to music with bluetooth headphones...and its waterproof.  I need music and I love spotify but I'll blow out of my premium subscription if Spotify doesn't make a watch app.

tylermcdonald86

I already left.  They had years to figure this out.

georgo
Casual Listener

Dear Spotify,

The Apple Watch LTE is definatelly a turning point for your whole company, inculding investors.

Please communicate clearly your Apple Watch plans.

No communication is also communication. In this case I and many people are going to leave you for a sevice that offers Apple Watch support.

Yours truly,

Spotify subscribers

Rene1966

Totally agree with all above writers. I'm thinking of switching to Apple music as well.

A clear message from Spotify will be very helpfull.

alvarokrn

It's so frustrating 

vexion2007

So, I'm planning to go up to the Verizon store this evening and buying myself a shiny new Apple Watch 3. 

The most used app on my iPhone X is Spotify, by far. So naturally I wanted to make sure my favorite app is also available on the Apple Watch. Unfortunately it's not, and no official updates or plans for Spotify to support Apple Watch... This is a true disapointment. Seriously...

So, I'm still going to get myself an Apple Watch this evening, but I'll also be forced to switch to Apple Music to enjoy some tunes while I'm away from my phone. 

I'm a software developer and IT service provider. Setting expectations so that your customers understand and know where you stand on anything they expect you to provide is absolutely crucial to maintaining loyal clients. You've completely failed at this.

Solution!

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Good news!

Spotify now supports downloads on Apple Watch. This will be rolling out over the next several weeks.

Check out this Spotify news article for more info:

Enjoy More Ways Than Ever to Use Spotify on Your Apple Watch—Now With Downloads 

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS