Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Managing Folders on iPad

Solved!

Managing Folders on iPad

Hi I use my ipad and phone for Spotify and want to be able to have several main folders with subfolders containing different album/artist within them.
Is this possible?
Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Millerbiller wrote:
Hi I use my ipad and phone for Spotify and want to be able to have several main folders with subfolders containing different album/artist within them.
Is this possible?
Thanks!

Hi,

Yep 🙂

On Spotify for desktop, go to file>New playlist folder. Create as many folders as you want. Click on that folder, then again go to file>New playlist folder whilst making sure the foler you created previously is highlighted. The new folder should appear as a sub folder. Create the playlists you want to go in the folder, then drag and drop them in.

Your iPad should sync to that change and update your playlist view accordingly with the folders in.

There is a post on the blog about the update that brought folders in.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

@Millerbiller wrote:
Is this possible?
Thanks!

Hi,

Yep 🙂

On Spotify for desktop, go to file>New playlist folder. Create as many folders as you want. Click on that folder, then again go to file>New playlist folder whilst making sure the foler you created previously is highlighted. The new folder should appear as a sub folder. Create the playlists you want to go in the folder, then drag and drop them in.

Your iPad should sync to that change and update your playlist view accordingly with the folders in.

There is a post on the blog about the update that brought folders in.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I pay premium for use my iphone. And on iphone there is NO solution 👿

It Is disappointing to say the least that you can't create sub folders directly on the iPad/iPhone, especially when you pay premium.

Also, it is incredible that you cannot see the complete title of a music track. This is particularly important for classical music where titles are very long. 

I am a touring classical music artist and I need these features badly. I am surprised that no one in Spotify seems to care about this. I am happy to offer my help in case someone is reading this. 

I think I will migrate to a better stream service otherwise, as it seems that Spotify is good for commercial/amateurs and not for music professionals.

This is a poor solution. It should be possible to do this directly on the iPad/iPhone. It takes very little programming effort.

Suggested posts