Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Managing Playlists on iPhones

Managing Playlists on iPhones

I am a premium user. In the household there are three Spotify users with their own iphones, who all use the same accont. We can each create our own playlists on our MAC within the Spotify app. No problems there. My question is how do I get  playlists that I have created only onto my iphone? Every time anyone creates a play list it appears on the other persons phones. If I then delete a playlist on my phone (that someone else has created) it then deletes the same play list from the Spotify app and well as the other household iphones. 

SO how do i manage the playlists on three phoens with one spofity account?

3 Replies

Spotify accounts are "single user".  They don't support family plans or multiple profiles like netflix does. You can "vote" for spotify to develop family plans by giving kudos here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Discount-Family-Subscriptions/idi-p/2275

What I would suggest as a workaround for you is to create playlist folders for each of your family members in the Spotify Mac app.  Just go to "File" -> "New Playlist Folder" and create one for each, then drag the playlists to the appropriate folder.  Then you can each manage your own playlists in your folders, and you will see the folders in the Spotify iphone app.  You can also create folders within folders if you want.  But because Spotify accounts are "single user", only one of you can be playing music at a time (you probably already figured out that part though!).

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Thanks for the reply. Setting up individual playlist folders is a good start. How do I then manage our iphones so each of us only downloads our own playlists to our own phones?. As it stands I already have one of my daughters playlists on my phone. I know if I delete it from my phoen it will delete it from Spotify and from my daughters phone as well

That isn't something you can do I'm afraid. Spotify will always show all of the playlists on an account when you are logged into it.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts