Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Massive battery drain even after update

Massive battery drain even after update

Using Spotify Premium in the US on an iPhone 12 with a healthy battery running the latest iOS 15.1.1 update, even after the recent bug update for Spotify, I’m noticed massive battery drain still. Over night, Spotify ran for 5 hours in the background. Yes, I’ve turned off background app refresh; it’s never on, deleted and reinstalled, and force quit. Still kills

my battery. The crashing did stop though in the latest update. 

2 Replies

its baffling that a company this big allows this to happen for months. I got my iPhone SE 2020 in July and this started to happen iOS 14.8 and still has not stopped.

Hi folks,

Thank you for sharing your posts on the Community.

We're aware of the issues that the iOS app has been presenting related to the battery drain. This is the thread that's been handling this specific issue, so please head there and add your Vote+ to stay up to date with all relevant info. 

Also, please share the following in that thread: 

• Make, model and OS of your phone.
  • Spotify version you're running.
  • A screenshot of your battery usage. 

In the meantime, try activating the Airplane Mode on your phones and check if there's a change in the battery usage. 

Lastly, it's also worth making sure that you're running the latest version of the app, since this issue has been being worked on in the latest updates. 

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts