Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Message Inbox icon missing

Message Inbox icon missing

I am no longer able to access my messages on my iphone mobile app.  Anyone have this issue? 

Top Answer
Hubo
Community Legend

Hey all, thank you for coming to the Spotify Community.

Inbox and Messages are currently not available, after a lot of consideration this feature has been deprecated. You can read more about that here. Please, leave your feedback on sharing music with Spotify in that thread.

Take care.

Huib

53 Replies

Hi @Cmacky16, you should see it by tapping your profile picture in the top left corner, then tapping the bell in the top right corner.

Send through a screenshot if you still can't find it!

Me too. Same thing happened to me. How do you fix it?

Hi @hornsbykid, did you check my post above? Is the icon showing up for you there?

There is another thread where spotify has cancelled the inbox and sharing features from the app. So it no longer exists. I noticed when I selected my profile pic that the bell is gone. Here's the thread where the admin announced Thursday that the features are no longer available

https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/001/highlight/false/page/1/thre...

Crazy. I still have it, but it will probably disappear for me too then. Typically Spotify. First offer a lousy messaging service and then conclude that messaging is not appreciated.

Stil slightly angry about the removal of the "star" functionality as well. Just like that..

Still not there and now it is not available on my laptop. There is alot of messages in there that will be REALLY upsetting if it is gone for good!!!

... What?

This is some seriously downgraded UX design! Put the inbox back! Being able to easily message playlists is 99% of the reason to use Spotify.

There is no bell icon!!!

This appears to have come back with the latest update. I hope it wasn't intending intentional because I loved being able to share music within Spotify.

Help! The inbox icon seems to be missing again.. both from phone (iphone) and desktop version? When I restart the app on my laptop, the inbox icon shows up for a second, then before I can click it, it disappears. So now, how do I access my inbox/how do I share music with my spotify friends thourgh private message?

Hola t ntp un problema con la cuenta spofity en mi cuanta sale que tengo cuenta gratis y no el plan premium y pues estoy pagando que puedo hacer el correo donde lo uso es vicohoa_07@hotmail.com

Sadly, at present, you are no longer able to do this. I am also very unhappy about this backward design step, as are many other users. You might want to check out the big thread over here where users are talking about this. I keep hoping that if we get enough users together to complain, Spotify may reverse the decision and bring back this feature that so many of us love and want.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Inbox-and-messages/m-p/1635075#M18...

Hi. I use Spotify on my desktop only. And I cant find my inbox. I have a lot of songs which were saved in my inbox. Can you tell me how to find it on the Desktop version. 

Hey all, thank you for coming to the Spotify Community.

Inbox and Messages are currently not available, after a lot of consideration this feature has been deprecated. You can read more about that here. Please, leave your feedback on sharing music with Spotify in that thread.

Take care.

Huib

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts