Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 13.3

My Question or Issue

This just started happening recently. When I use Spotify using Bluetooth in my car, the artist name, album title, and song name will only show for the first song that I play and stays frozen on information for any other song. The queue will show the first song being played as 2/2 or 10/10 and any following skips will just add up to 4/2, 5/2 and so on. I've tried uninstalling and redownloading the app as well as unpairing and repairing my phone but neither route has solved the issue.

1 Reply

I am also having the same issue, but only on the new phone that I just purchased. And it appears that it's not only Spotify. It does the same thing with Pandora, but Google Music works just fine.

I have two phones setup with the exact same version of Spotify (8.5.36.747) and Bluetooth AVRCP Version (1.5), both running in the same vehicle (2016 Subaru Impreza). My LG G6 is running Android 8.0.0, and my Samsung Galaxy S10e is currently running Android 9. The LG G6 works flawlessly without any issues, but the S10e is having the same problems as described in the original post. Since the only difference is the OS version, it seems to me that it has something to do with the Android OS that "broke" the apps. It's obviously on the app developers to figure out what did it, and how to fix it.

On the S10e, I did try reverting back to an old version of Spotify (8.4.99.111), as well as AVRCP Version 1.3 (and 1.4), without any success.

Suggested posts