Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mirror Phone Library on Spotify

Mirror Phone Library on Spotify

Hi, I am very close to pulling the trigger on Spotify Premium, but I am having trouble with just one aspect. Is there any way I can import songs from my phone library to spotify. Basically, I want to move all that is on my music app to a playlist marked "From My phone" on Spotify. I don't want to have to copy every song on my phone onto a playlist on Spotify by searching for it and adding it manually, as that would take forever. The devices tab on my client no longer exsists, and that seemed to at least be a partial solution. 

TDLR: I want to copy the songs on my phone app to Spotify, to a playlist or otherwise, so I dont have to start my library over when I move services

1 Reply

There is no way to import the songs on your iPhone into the Spotify app. You would have to import the local files into the Spotify desktop app and then sync them over to the iPhone app via WiFi.

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:
You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device. Just make sure that the local files are in a playlist of their own so that this will work.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts