Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing features on Spotify app with new account

Solved!

Missing features on Spotify app with new account

Hi, I had an old Spotify account that I deleted today and I made a new account. However, when I signed into the app with my new account (on iOS) the app was completely different, in that the 5 tabs on the bottom bar of the app had been reduced to 3 and I could no longer import music from the music already on my phone (which is quite an important feature to me!!!!). I thought maybe the app had updated but when my sister signed into her account on my phone she had the usual app layout. Could someone please help me regain the usual app layout for my account. Thanks.
IMG_7504.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Pemberley27! Welcome to the community!

Spotify is always testing new features to improve Spotify. They sometimes use A/B tests to see if users like this feature. You can read more about these tests here. Those tests are tied to your account and you can't force yourself into a test. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Have a nice weekend! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey Pemberley27! Welcome to the community!

Spotify is always testing new features to improve Spotify. They sometimes use A/B tests to see if users like this feature. You can read more about these tests here. Those tests are tied to your account and you can't force yourself into a test. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Have a nice weekend! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts