Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing the Discover tab on iPad but it's there on iPhone

Solved!

Missing the Discover tab on iPad but it's there on iPhone

Good morning!

I have a question regarding the discover tab, I have seen similar reports but wanted to flag this up again.

I have the Discover feature on my iPhone, Mac and web version of spotify but not on the iPad... I gather from reading other posts that it's a gradual update but from a users point of view it's a little frustrating as I want to use my iPad for listening to tracks but have to switch back to my iPhone as I love the discover feature!!

Would be great if in future the guys as Spotify can flag at an account level that a feature is available as opposed to individual app installs. This will be more consistent for the users and will lead to less helpdesk calls for Spotify in the future!

Cheers guys!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there, the Discover rollout was a gradual one but it should now be available to everyone on desktop, web player, iPhone/iPod Touch and Android. We haven't yet begun rolling it out on iPad at all, sorry!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there, the Discover rollout was a gradual one but it should now be available to everyone on desktop, web player, iPhone/iPod Touch and Android. We haven't yet begun rolling it out on iPad at all, sorry!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Does Spotify intend to rollout the discover tab for the iPad? If so, do you know when? In addition, do you know if Spotify is going to make an iPad version of the Tunigo app?

@miller3633 wrote:
Does Spotify intend to rollout the discover tab for the iPad? If so, do you know when? In addition, do you know if Spotify is going to make an iPad version of the Tunigo app?

To answer your question, yes I would assume it will make it onto the iPad at some point in the near future, but Spotify never comment on solid release dates since the roll out depends on many different factors. 

As for the Tunigo application, the new "Browse" section of the real Spotify application (which should appear on your iPhone soon if you haven't got it already) is pretty much the same as Tunigo but merged into the Spotify application. That again should make it to all platforms but is currently in a roll out phase. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, supporting the request for fixing the issue with the discover tab on the iPad.

To be frank; it feels a bit ridiculous that it's not available on an iPad - especially for me as my iPad would be my main device to discover music - and discovering music (on my iPad) is the main driver to pay for Spotify.

Please fix this - just using common sense, I can imagine that lot's and lot's of users will be very thankful for that.

It's almost Christmas after all.

Totally, current state of affairs my mums Samsung tablet and my iphone have better spotify apps than my ipad. Really hope to see a swish new ipad update soon.

Yeah thumbs up to this. It's been quite a few months coming and we don't even get Discover on iPad.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

it really sucks. ipad is my main device for spotify and i will not pay anymore, if i cant discover new music on my ipad. the "browse" function did it into the ipad app, but the main feature of spotify not. what the hell? comme on, just do it. 

maybe i should give RDio a chance.

Hey,

is there any news on the missing Discover tab on the iPad?

Johannes

Unfortunately not, still waiting. 😞 I got bored of waiting so made an ideas topic you can vote on here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Bring-Discover-to-iPad/idi-p/637470

Peter

This post  is marked as solution, does that mean the discover option isnt coming to ipad at all? very disappointing... 

Unfortunately we don't know.

Peter

We're still waiting for it...any news?

What a bummer! I hope this will be fixed soon!

Have you a date for this rollout on iPad?
Seems odd that you left this platform to last

Suggested posts