Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Browse] Open saved albums instantly without a connection

[Mobile][Browse] Open saved albums instantly without a connection

Right now for a saved album, there is loading that needs to happen if the device is connected to WiFi or cellular.

However this is not ideal in situations where the connection is poor; e.g. an underground parking garage or very slow airplane WiFi. The album just hangs and refuses to show the tracks even though they are saved to the device. I encounter this daily selecting music to drive with before leaving my apartment complex.

This works great when there is no connection, like when airplane mode is on and there’s no WiFi connected. I think it’d be ideal to extend that behavior for saved albums always.

FBBE0D40-F1FA-487D-8A4A-F10030292CC2.png
2 Replies

Hey, @jamesjappleby 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

We decided to move your thread to the iOS Help Board. 

The albums which were Liked or saved and were also downloaded for offline listening will play smoothly when no internet connection is available and the Offline Mode is selected.

But if the Offline Mode is not selected, the app will run on data and will be playing the albums depending on the internet data availability and connection.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @jamesjappleby,

Just to add to what @Luan's already said, there's an existing idea for your suggestion which you can add your vote to here.

Cheers!

Suggested posts