Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Developer] ADD ON SCREEN LYRICS TO SONGS

[Mobile][Developer] ADD ON SCREEN LYRICS TO SONGS

NO, not GENIUS BEHIND THE LYRICS. We, as users, want a simple access to lyrics (preferable karaoke style with live feed), but to be honest even a simple text of FULL SONG LYRICS would be a GREAT improvement. 

Behind the lyrics does NOT show full lyrics, so you basically have to guess half the words. Most of your users are not native speakers and this really worsens the music listening experience. On top of that, this feature is available to a VERY few songs (considering how there are lyrics to literally EVERY song on genius). 

Negotiate a better Genius implementation or change it completely. I love Spotify but the lack of this feature makes me want to go back to Apple Music (and I personally know people who HAVE switched because of it). 

To sum up: FULL SONG LYRICS TO AS MUCH SONGS AS POSSIBLE. 

3 Replies

Hey there @gabrriella,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. 

There is already an existing Lyrics feature within the Spotify app. However, it's important to keep in mind that it's still being tested and it's expected that not all users will see them.

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us, and will make sure to pass your feedback to the right folks. Hopefully this will be rolled out to all users in the future. 

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You've been testing it for more than one year! How long does it have to take to test such simple feature?!

lyrics not showing for new songs-

how to insert lyrics for the song?

Suggested posts